Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
goal
goal
I did you idiot. Stop trying to analyze how Dreher lost!!! You just said why Riverside won!!!

goal
goal
Analyze how bad Dreher is going to be next year because all they are going to have is Byron!!!

coach
coach
Sammy, is Shearer your cousin or uncle?

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
I don't see how a bigger field would take away from the height advantage. You can still play people in the air. And maybe on the set pieces the player should have sent the ball over the first defenders head so he couldn't clear it.

D
goal kick
goal kick
D
the larger field makes it harder to play the ball far post on corners and throwins. and more space helps speed and ball skill...i just asked a simple question as it was obvious from the game that riverside adjusted better to the larger field. no one asked you to analyze my intelligence.

D
bench
bench
D
heckler is right. Was riverside a better team? I don't know. I do know that dreher did not "bring it"...thus from the game it appeared riverside was the better team. HOwever, i have no doubt that dreher could have competed wayy better and possibly pulled off a win in a different situation. In addition, the field size does make a difference. I am not saying that riverside had an advantage, for i do not know what kind of field playing conditions they have. However, i do know that number 18, Sean Baier's throws are one of the key assets to dreher scoring, but because of the huge field, he could harldy make the throws into the box. Thus, reducing Dreher's scoring opportunities by about a third.

In addition, Dreher does have some other promising players besides Byron. For instance, Asher will still be here. In addition some of this years sophmores including Alex Hill, and Adam Dillihay are promising. As for the rest of the sophmore class... they all have great skill but just need to bulk up a little this summer

GO GET 'EM BIG BLUE!!!

D
bench
bench
D
heckler is right. Was riverside a better team? I don't know. I do know that dreher did not "bring it"...thus from the game it appeared riverside was the better team. HOwever, i have no doubt that dreher could have competed wayy better and possibly pulled off a win in a different situation. In addition, the field size does make a difference. I am not saying that riverside had an advantage, for i do not know what kind of field playing conditions they have. However, i do know that number 18, Sean Baier's throws are one of the key assets to dreher scoring, but because of the huge field, he could harldy make the throws into the box. Thus, reducing Dreher's scoring opportunities by about a third.

In addition, Dreher does have some other promising players besides Byron. For instance, Asher will still be here. In addition some of this years sophmores including Alex Hill, and Adam Dillihay are promising. As for the rest of the sophmore class... they all have great skill but just need to bulk up a little this summer

GO GET 'EM BIG BLUE!!!

D
bench
bench
D
ps. sorry about posting that twice

J
world cup
world cup
J
Memorial Stadium isn't some putt-putt course guys.. if the throws are dangerous at home..they should have been dangerous at Stone.

Both sides are to be commended.. I certainly was pulling for Dreher hardcore..but Riverside was the better team and with the crowd Dreher had..they have no one to blame but themselves for not bringing their "A" game.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Give over man.

How did Dreher not bring their "game"? Both teams brought it and since Riverside is better it just seems as if Dreher didn't because Dreher couldn't do what they wanted to since Riverside had control most of the time. I mean it's not like Dreher just gave the ball away all the time. When they had it they did well with it but Riverside had the ball more often than not and they also moved it around well. Bottom line is that both teams brought their game and the superior "game" was victorious. On another note, the defenders may have not brought their game because WOW they got megged like 8 times.

If the throws are a key asset on scoring then you probably need more than like four throw-ins to score a goal even if you could get it in the box, so that is actually what reduced the opportunities by a third. Dreher didn't have many opportunities to use their throws because they didn't get into the attacking third a whole lot. And if the throws don't work why not throw to someones feet and then serve it in.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard