Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
goal kick
goal kick
One thing that seems to have slipped through the radar this year is the sportsmanship of the Spring Valley players.

Sean Flynn got his medal and went behind the line and sat down(he atleast kept his on) Parker Arnold went behind the line and threw his medal once or twice, I commend Dave CLark for going and speaking to him almost immediately.

Dreher took their medals like real gentlemen, and were classy about it, they stood there and didn't do anything with their medals and honored the state champs Riverside. Way to go Dreher.

Did no one else notice this, or is it just not a big deal now, do we as the public expect this from the two previously named players????

What happened to Soccer being a sport of gentlemen, a classy sport of the elite rich people of europe(yes i know soccer know crosses all economic levels, andis very physical on the field, but off the field its players should have class)

S
kick off
kick off
S
good work agoraphobia, I like class too, I just wish it extended to the fans who often exhibit the worst behavior

goal kick
goal kick
what did i do good?

D
bench
bench
D
Good call on the Dreher crowd L-E...we tore Riversides crowd up...for all that is worth...no one needs to jump on me either...its just a joking statement...peace to everyone

D
bench
bench
D
i could be wrong LE, but the size of memorial has changed in the past couple of years. i could be wrong(anybody who knows better please correct me) but i believe that dreher reduced the width of the field in order to fully utilize sean and thomas' huge throwin's...but i very well could be wrong.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Dreher was able to throw the ball to the near post even at stone, just didn't get nearly as many throwins as normal.
and Cabj12. Dreher definately did not "bring it." I'm not going to argue that Dreher is better than Riverside, but I have seen Dreher play much better, and not just defensively, but they weren't dangerous on the attack like they have been in the past. They didn't get a big game out of anyone like they normally would. I'm not saying that Dreher "deserves" to have won that game. They lost. But Dreher is much better than they showed in that game.

T
kick off
kick off
T
People have been making comments about Riverside based on how they played at the Palmetto Cup. It was a bad week for the team. But if you look at who their 6 losses during the year came to it is not bad. Wando, Spring Valley, and Mauldin all played in the Upper and Lower State Finals in 4a, Eastside and Greenville played in the Upper State Semi Finals for 3a, and Farragut is expected to win 3a in Tennessee. They played a tough schedule and peaked at the right time. Dreher is a good team, but Riverside never let them get into a rythem and just out played them. By the way, Riverside's home field is 120 x 54. A very narrow field.

coach
coach
Although Dreher had a great year, they did not have the same overall quality of Riverside. Even if they had an off game in championship, their best game would not have prevailed against the quicker, speedier Riverside team.

goal
goal
I don't think any state championship caliber team will ever be making excuses about a field having to do with them losing!!! Lets talk about McClam and Leatherman doing nothing in the midfield and winning not one 50-50 ball. Lets talk about how Riverside was overloading Benny's side and making him look like a fish swimming. Lets talk about how Carl Anderson, which is on my all High School team, had one touch every 15 minutes!!! Lets talk about how Thunell was getting beat repeatedly by their forwards!!! Riverside just picked about Dreher!!! Plain and Simple!!! Long Wide field or not!!!

coach
coach
Thats it Sammy! Even though your movies are bombs, you are at least very knowledgeable about that game. Now, do you want me to line up Travolta for some acting lessons for you? You would be a project, but I am sure he can help a little.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard