C
Goal
Goal
C
Here are region and non-region oponents for Northwestern:
4A
#1,2,3,5,10,13
3A
#6 good question Chico how does this work?

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
shouldn't we consider how many matches were won against ranked teams as well?

A
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
A
well then you have to take into consideration. Ok Summerville plays 7 teams in the "Red" category, and yet their combined totals of all the teams they play are not above .500. So just because you play 7 ranked teams, there are obviously several, "below par" teams being played also. But yes, i never said it was perfect, I asked for suggestions, but just looking at "red" doesn't mean they have a tougher schedule. Lancaster plays teams that they can compete with, no shame in that. Northwestern plays lancaster just like FM does so it will help out both of them, somewhat,and they also play rockhill and gaffney, just like FM, so based on that. Northwestern actually has a 1.463 so they have one of the tougher schedules in 4A I simply did not calculate their schedule strength. They actually have a tougher schedule then FM.

A
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
A
- Ricky

I thought about that, but it doesn't actually determine the strength of schedule, thats getting into how good a team is. I'm simply determining strength based on wins and loses.

World Cup
World Cup
"Red" doesn't mean they have a tougher schedule?

Aren't ranked teams in red? Therefore are they not more advanced teams than those not in red? Therefore having more advanced teams on your schedule would make it more difficult, right?

A
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
A
Well, when you look at strength of SCHEDULE, you have to take into consideration ALL TEAMS. Not just ranked ones. Because they are ranked teams is great, but you have to look at the teams that they are beating 16-0, that hurts your schedule, just like ranked teams help your schedule. When Wando, JI, and West Ashley are done beating the crap out of each other, they play teams like Berkley, Goose Creek, Colleton County, Stratford. Which have an average of 3 wins per season.

C
Goal
Goal
C
Would you also consider teams who were ranked earlier in the year? Spartanburg for example, who i believe should be ranked in the top 15 in 4A.

A
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
A
Yeah, well NW should be ranked in the top 15, also. Just my opinion. But in the end, W-L are what matters. At the end of the year, the stats are sent off to the people with BCS to calculate the schedule strengths, this was just a quick calculation. No computer involved, just fingers and toes.

S
coach
coach
S
>>[anonymousjoe] well But yes, i never said it was perfect, I asked for suggestions, but just looking at "red" doesn't mean they have a tougher schedule. Lancaster plays teams that they can compete with, no shame in that.<<

While there's no shame in it, it seriously compromises the fundamental assumptions on which your system is based. In your system team A seeking to play easier schedules that another team plays increases the schedule strength of team B when team A plays team B.

Putting it more simply...any system in which a "win" is a "win" regardless of opponent isn't going to yield the strength of schedule. You did a great job of recognizing that with the "no shame" comment.

A
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
A
Ok, with the exception of lancaster, who is getting increasingly better over the last couple of years (i believe it was 0-0 or 1-0 at halftime against FM, the first game was only 5-0, heck Wando beat West Ashley 5-0), most bad teams, have bad records.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard