Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#2203 04/14/05 03:07 AM
J
joeygeo Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
J
I'm sure this topic has been around before, but what are the differences between a straight red card and a soft red(two yellows). Is the player out for the remainder of the game and the next game in both cases? I believe this rule has changed recently but I am not sure what the current ruling is.

#2204 04/14/05 07:30 PM
goal
goal
I think it's kinda like gays in the military, "don't ask, don't tell", who's gonna know and who's gonna enforce? From what I hear no one is!

#2205 04/14/05 08:20 PM
B
goal
goal
B
Roger Hazel with the SCHSL is told of every send off, both soft and straight red. Supposed to happen prior to noon the next day. How he enforces it I don't know.

In either case, Roger decides how long the player sits out.

#2206 04/14/05 08:22 PM
Goal
Goal
Well, he doesn't enforce anything in Columbia, because I don't think he's ever around. Airport had a kid sent off against Dreher and he didn't sit any games. Enough said, do what you want.

#2207 04/15/05 05:28 PM
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
If a player gets a soft red... Roger Hazel considers that a warning and the player does not have to sit out the next game. If he gets a straight red, then he must sit out the next game

#2208 04/17/05 12:10 PM
G
goal kick
goal kick
G
Does anyone know the correct answer to the original question? On the South Carolina High School League web page under soccer it says that the National Federation Of High School rules will apply. The Federation rule says thata player who receivces a red card (didn't distinguish between two yellows or straight red) the player is disqualified and sits the remainder of the game as well as the next game. I couldn't find where this rule had been revised. I know mauldin had two players get red cards (two yellows each) and they did not set out any games. Hillcrest had a player get a red card I think the referee changed his original call from two yellows to a straight red after a confrontaion with the player on the sidelines after he left the field. They played a man down the remainder of the game and I assume it is Hazel that gave him a two game suspension plus the AD and Principal from Hillcrest gave him an extra game suspension for a total of 3 games. How can this be fair? One school doesn't sit players out and another has to. Don't get me wrong, I think the suspensions are fine but, I think rules are rules and need to be enforced on a consistant basis regardless of who you are, who your coach is or what school you are from. Can a game be protested because of a player playing when he/she should have been suspended? What kind of message does this send to the players? I'll do what I want because my coach will get me out of any game suspensions. It doesn't help the referees much at all in obtaining respect from the players ar coaches.

#2209 04/17/05 03:48 PM
brace
brace
I agree completely with GFCPOP.

Maybe I'm simplistic, but I always thought that the rules were supposed to be straightforward. You get a red, and you are out this game and the next. I know that high school rules can be a bit funny, but the law should be clearly stated and enforced as such. I imagine that there is some kind of appeal process to Hazel which allowed the Mauldin players to get off, but the penalty should not have changed unless it is proved clear that the referee was in error in some major way. Now, if the school decides to add additional suspension, then that is their call, but the original red card suspension should apply to all. I would like to know if it is stated anywhere that a soft red is different than a straight red other than that a team can still play with 11. If you do a search on this board for this topic you will find that no one really seems to know. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

#2210 04/21/05 12:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like no one really has the answer to the original question. Also it seems as if some rules are pretty murky. As an example ... stoppage time. The other night I saw a game where 7 minutes stoppage time was added to the second half. Other games I've been to have had no time added even though there were game stopping injuries and yellow cards. Are the official high school soccer rules posted anywhere?

#2211 04/21/05 01:03 PM
goal
goal
Speaking of stoppage time, how about officials taking it upon themselves to stop time whenever there is a foul, goal kick, corner, even throw in's...I have seen it multiple times this year in close games...who are the officials to do this...the rules state that the clock runs, how can they stop time to give the losing team an advantage? The officials are poorly trained and monitered, people need to speak out about this and the director of officials needs to spend more time working with his officials and less time coaching on the sidelines. We need an official revolution! They are horrible!

#2212 04/21/05 01:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ditto AH2K3.

Or maybe it's just a time warp thing where time pieces deviate from normal operations when in a certain mid region of the state. This phenomenon of extra time padding/warping cost one team a game and certain playoff position this week!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard