Page 2 of 2 1 2
#58835 05/08/05 11:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that Daniel Island Realty is planning to develop the field on Daniel Island that Bridge intends to use into homes. How does that impact practice availability?

#58836 05/09/05 12:01 AM
Brace
Brace
Is this the same company that donated the land for Bishop England and hence developed the residential and downtown areas of Daniel Island. If so, great job Bridge FA, as your future is very bright!

#58837 05/09/05 12:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I meant to "develop it" into houses. Field has a short lifespan

#58838 05/09/05 12:43 AM
S
throw in
throw in
S
I've heard the same thing about the current practice field. But I don't think that is the field Bridge will be using in the long run. There was something on the website about a field/fields being developed near the Blackbaud offices. You might want to check their website for the exact location.

#58839 05/09/05 12:45 AM
S
throw in
throw in
S
swimmer, sorry, I didn't realize you had directed your question to Bridge FA...I was just going on the info I've heard.

#58840 05/09/05 02:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bridge FA will be using the NEW Battery practice fields....copied from www.bridgefa.com:

BRIDGE Signs Agreement for Use of New Battery Facilities

In another major announcement, BRIDGE FA has signed an agreement with the Charleston Battery for use of the organization's brand new training facility on Daniel Island.

The agreement provides access to the facility (which will sit just beyond the Blackbaud corporate office near the main stadium) for BRIDGE FA trainings beginning as early as this summer and running through the entire upcoming season.

BRIDGE FA will have access to the existing Battery practice facility (next to the Bishop England High School football/soccer stadium) throughout tryouts and summer practice until the new facility comes online. The new facility, scheduled to be finished this June, will feature a full-size professional field and a world-class surface - ideal for training and player development.

The announcement extends even further the number of training facilities available to BRIDGE FA teams. Currently, the club has full access to Summerville Soccer Club and James Island Soccer Club fields as well as access to several quality fields in Mt. Pleasant. BRIDGE FA teams will also take advantage of the generous offer by the College of Charleston Men and Women's soccer programs to utilize the Patriots Point stadium whenever feasible. An announcement involving another major Mt. Pleasant facility is expected soon.

"This just further solidifies our position as a club for the entire area," said Director of Soccer Clark Brisson. "We want to make top-caliber soccer as accessible as possible for as many players as possible in the Charleston Metropolitan Area. Getting these kids playing together at the highest level has always been our goal."

#58841 05/09/05 12:16 PM
B
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
B
Swimmer,

I think your question has been sufficiently answered.

CIWS, check your PM.

#58842 05/09/05 03:38 PM
goal
goal
CIWS, I appreciate the time and consideration you have put into your posts; however, I feel that your name-calling is totally unnecessary and extremely mean-spirited. I told you earlier that I mean nothing personal by my posts.

Yes, Belligerent is appropriate, but as such, I am not trying to hide anything – what you see is what you get – belligerence in it’s most basic form.

If I have “speculated” incorrectly, please let me know how, and I will offer an apology immediately. I believe we have already agreed that I have hit the nail on the head numerous times.

All I’m basically saying to you is that you seem to ask the same question (or same type question) over and over again, asking for detailed answers from Mr. Sweet. It was pointed out very early on that there are just some questions that cannot be answered until they know exactly what they have to work with, i.e., who and how many people show up at tryouts. You seem to re-word your same questions, but look for different answers.

I cannot respond in kind to your vicious name-calling...reading your posts, you appear to possess above-average intelligence, and give the impression that your responses (for the most part) are well thought out.

As you are the only person to give me negative feedback (so far), I can only speculate that either you do NOT speak for everyone else, or your temper has just gotten the best of you.

If I have offended you in any way, I apologize. I wish you and your child the best of luck with whichever tryouts you and he (or she) choose to attend.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard