A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by 2004striker:
I said I would never, ever, ever again say anything about a Cola area merger, because I finally realized, thanks to frequent counseling sessions with my personal sports therapist and also thru the wisdom I gained from reading Chico's rational posts; that a merger can never happen here due to the goals/priorities mindset of the multiple clubs. to combat the 'CESA menace' extreme contrast to that at 'monster CESA' and what is now coming out of the lowcountry where the obvious, specific goals are to field great and competitive teams. 'evil Red CESA machine' . Tell me where I wrong in any of my many assumptions here. I still do not think too clearly due to my many head balls in my youth.

I will tell you where you are wrong.
I was reading a very intelligent topic until I got to your name calling. Evil, Menace, Monster

Really what has CESA done for SC!
Organized a city to be more competive at the Premier League level . Will it be successful
Only time will tell.

Yes we are a very small state and maybe some are satisfied with 6th place at regioanls but Peirce and Andrew have the COUARGE , DRIVE and DREAM to
want more.

I applaud the people at Bridge FA for making the attempt to do something similar. I repeat what I said when CESA started the worst year is the first
it only gets better.
We had some problems parents and kids with egos mostly.
This year is going better.

B
goal
goal
B
scdad, I believe Mr 2004's reference to the"evil red menace " is tongue in cheek. Everyone recognizes CESA's success and I think Mr 2004 is frustrated because the clubs in Columbia will not adapt a similar program.

How many players did MPSC Sting lose and did many new players from other clubs try out?

coach
coach
sc,
I too applaud all that CESA and now BridgeFA are doing to further the state of quality soccer in SC. My use of the evil,etc. descriptions were all said in jest because of envy for what you and Bridge are doing. I venture to say that in a few very short years CESA's vision of quality soccer in SC will rival that of CASL in NC.

Also: you may remember this discussion back in Jan. when some said that Eastside should not allow some of its players to play at the Score, and instead stay and play Irmo. And then a reply from an Eastside coach in response to another poster, Always Right:

2004striker
Rate Member posted January 13, 2005 02:24pm
Its a no-brainer! Score at the Shore is one of highest profile tournaments in nation with lots of college coaches and high caliber competition. Ya gotta go with the club team. College coaches don't attend high school games. Its the first game of the year, and will not count against you Eastside, in the 3A standings. Plus if Eastside is as good as everyone here says, they will be focused on winning a state championship, not just winning a single game against a team in a higher classification. If they beat Irmo, who will really care; as long as they win that state championship? You can never pass on an opportunity to play in such a high level tournament. The high level of competition at Score will also help make the guys, who have the privilege to participate, even better players. But.....the HS coach may not see it that way and punish those who go. Hopefully, Eastside has a coach who does care about the boys and their big opportunity at Score.

Always Right
Rate Member posted January 13, 2005 02:06pm
Sounds like a built in excuse for Eastside already.
Here's the situation: (1) A chance to play the state's premier boys soccer program, which they haven't done in a very long time; or (2) Go play for a club team against three or four teams you'll never see again.

It's amazing to me there would be a dilemma. If Eastside's players decide to do this then I hope Irmo puts 10 balls in the back of the net!

dcsoccer
posted January 13, 2005 10:20pm
Always Right:
My take on the situation: You are correct in your labeling of the Irmo Soccer Program. You have failed to look beyond what is right in front of you though. Check 2004striker's comment. One of the elite club tournaments in the nation with ample college coaches attending. It's a situation that I cannot prevent my players from being exposed to...
dcraig@greenville.k12.sc.us
URL=http://www.geocities.com/eastsidehighsoccer/soccer1.html

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by 2004striker:
sc,
I too applaud all that CESA and now BridgeFA are doing to further the state of quality soccer in SC. My use of the evil,etc. descriptions were all said in jest because of envy for what you and Bridge are doing.

I know I just like to listen to you rant and rave about Columbia.

I grew up there and want whats best for Columbia also.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
FWIW when Thorsten Path left MPSC and Arnold took over, the club altered course to be the all inclusive local rec org. They ditched their other team and specialty trainers and brought in a group of generally less qualified people and became the best well rounded city recreation dept. club in the lower state.

Bridge FA will do fine without them and they won't know whats happening until they look around and don't see anyone.

Brace
Brace
quote:
One of the elite club tournaments in the nation with ample college coaches attending. It's a situation that I cannot prevent my players from being exposed to

Which Eastside players are taking advantage of this opportunity to "Score at the Shore"? What schools will they be attending on soccer scholarships? How much academic money are they requiring? [Confused]

The college coaches I know of that attend this event do so just to "relax" and not really recruit. Did these kids gain any collegiate advantage by playing in this tourney? Let us know the schools if so. [Embarrassed]

S
throw in
throw in
S
Me thinks we are getting a bit off topic....
Tryouts are now done for both Bridge and MPSC. It seems that both clubs had lots of players trying out. Now we wait for the evaluators to make their decisions and see how the rosters shake out. Hopefully, as a region, the lowcountry will field as many or more competitive teams than last year. Only time will tell....

S
throw in
throw in
S
It is a little surprizing that no one is commenting on the number of or how talented the players are that have shown up for tryouts at MPSC, Bridge OR CUSC. You don't need the final roster to make an assessment of how successful teams will be. MPSC U16G had a great turnout. More talented players turned out than they have in years. They had a couple of out of towners (a CESA player and a Winston-Salem Twins player) and several players from throughout the lowcountry. This team will be significantly stronger than they have been in the past couple of years.
Also,it seems as if everyone is talking like MPSC and Bridge are the big dogs in the lowcountry for the fall season. You might take a hard look at CUSC for a big jump.

coach
coach
dog,
What is CUSC?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
should be Charleston United Soccer Club. Something in line with that

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7