Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
goal
goal
B
Shearer is correct, (dangerous statement).

CUSC is Charleston United Soccer Club. Last year Carolina Girls and Charlestowne merged to form Charleston United.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I don't like you b/c your dangerous.....That's right Ice...Man....." I guess that's how it goes!

B
goal
goal
B
"you're"

S
throw in
throw in
S
...and CUSC is still holding tryouts. This thread started as MPSC v. Bridge. Maybe we should start another one that includes CUSC. Charlestowne will have some tough teams and I don't think anyone would discount the quality of their club with Andy there.

coach
coach
I was hoping that BridgeFA would get all the clubs in lowcountry together to form another 'evil CESA'. But it looks like, for now, that smaller new clubs are forming, like CUSC. Will the lowcountry turn into another Cola. area, with multiple clubs, diluting the talent pool? CUSC: http://www.charlestonunitedsoccer.com/

S
throw in
throw in
S
2004striker
CUSC combined two existing clubs before Bridge formed. Thus, the lowcountry actually has the same number of clubs when considering the formation of Bridge.
The proof is in the pudding when it comes to taking on the evil empire. Just wait until December and let's evaluate things then. I'm not too sure but it is quite possible that one team at MPSC now actually has the top talent in the lowcountry. Not sure yet, just possible.
NOW, that should start a fire storm. Things are getting a little boring on the old forum.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Duck, Swimmer, here comes another grenade...

B
kick off
kick off
B
Bridge FA was and still is hopeful that all the clubs in the low country will join the alliance.

To my knowledge there aren't really any new clubs forming. Yes Bridge FA is a new club, but there are clear and distinct reasons to do so, but would be more suitable for a different topic.

In looking at the Charleston area, there basically are 4 clubs that fielded challenge teams last year, SSC, JIYSC, MPSC, and CUSC. Discussions were undertaken with this entire group. To date, only SSC and JIYSC have joined the alliance. Each of the clubs that have not joined have had their individual reasons for not joining. Bridge FA is still committed to working with each of these clubs to resolve any differences, but as all clubs have shifted to operations, there is little time left for these discussions.

When the Bridge FA concept was developed, the talent pool in the Charleston area was already "diluted". And with no new clubs forming I don't think it's reasonable to assume that it either is or will be more diluted. In fact, in some cases, Bridge FA has been successful in pooling the talent, not all, but some. Only time will tell how successful it has been for it's first year of operations.

S
throw in
throw in
S
My fingers are still crossed on this one. We can only hope.

B
goal
goal
B
Soccerdog,

I'm a little confused. On one hand you are apparently very proud of the MPSC U16 Girls being able to attract what you call the best talent in the area, taken from your two other posts. Yet on the other hand you appear to be hopeful of the success of Bridge FA.

Given the stance of MPSC, and your apparent involvement, aren't those two opinions in conflict with each other?

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard