Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
From the LCSC web site...

Thursday, March 16
LCSC joins US Club Soccer
As part of the services provided to club members, LCSC has decided to join US Club Soccer to participate in additional tournaments both regionally and nationally. US Club Soccer offers additional possibilities including the National Cup which will be played in Greensboro, NC. Teams qualify by competing in regionals in Jacksonville, Fl.
US Club Soccer also has an ODP program and is affiliated with an elite regional league called Super Y.

The player movement from team to team within the club is a lot easier and facilitates putting together teams at the younger age groups for US club soccer tournament participation. Also players are allowed to play up as well. There are no requirements for special forms to fill out and fees for changing the roster with players from within the club. Furthermore US Club Soccer team management utilities provide team managers with control over the paperwork thus reducing the need for club registrars.

Fellow SC clubs CESA and Bridge FC are also members of US Club Soccer

It should be noted that LCSC is and will continue to be a member of SCYSA, and will particpate in SCYSA sanctioned events, such as the Palmetto, PMSL and Challenge Leagues.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
With 3 SC clubs joining in the last few months it makes one wonder if there is more to this than meets the eye.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Charleston United is also a member of US Club

O
OPG Offline
throw in
throw in
O
I've made posts about US Club Soccer before; it is a very good organization to be a part of. Not nearly as restictive, liberal rostering options, liberal game scheduling. Minimal cost. I do not understand why more clubs in SC that want to participate at a higher level of play are not members. They operate out of Myrtle Beach!

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
It's funny; when I've talked to long-time USYSA/SCYSA folks over the past few years there's been a lot of disdain for US Club Soccer. The most common thought expressed seems to be that they won't be around in a few years.

I think that it's getting increasingly difficult for select clubs to ignore US Club Soccer -- dual registration of teams seems increasingly a smart thing to do so that if you don't win your state championship you have an alternative route to playing competitive soccer. And I've heard in the last year or two (although I've not witnessed this first-hand) that the level of competitive play has really increased.

What I don't understand is why more clubs don't move their recreation from USYSA/SCSYSA affiliation to USCS affiliation -- it's less expensive and more flexible. Is there anyone out there that knows of a reason for staying with USYSA/SCYSA?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rec soccer and USCS don't mix currently I believe b/c A)The name USCS implies Soccer Club Classic or Challenge soccer only. The term REC seems out of place. B)Clubs in SC are plain/simple creatures of habit and resist change at most (if not all) costs.

Rec soccer and USCS is worth a look imo.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
what exactly does LCSC stand for

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup

goal kick
goal kick
Chico wrote:
"What I don't understand is why more clubs don't move their recreation from USYSA/SCSYSA affiliation to USCS affiliation -- it's less expensive and more flexible. Is there anyone out there that knows of a reason for staying with USYSA/SCYSA?"

The majority of rec programs don't belong to SCYSA. They are run by the YMCA, churches, or other community organizations, and not affiliated with soccer clubs.

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
Right...I understand why YMCA recreation (and for that matter, independent recreation programs) might not switch to USCS. I don't understand why the existing SCYSA programs with 9930 recreation players (at last count) wouldn't switch...although "Better_soccer" probably nailed it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard