Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
coach
OP Offline
coach
Waste their time?? Playing at Regionals is a waste of their time?? That is the biggest stage to play on! It is a great opportunity. Even if you are not playing in college, its a great place to finish or possibly continue your soccer career. Regarding expenses, many teams have fundraisers and corporate assistance to help with the costs, as well as individual clubs often are able to help. CESA Regional teams may even be fully-funded. I do not know.
But I do know it is not a waste of time even at U18, especially since they have played soccer for over half their lives.

D
bench
bench
D
I'd give Necsa Ambush a solid shot at advancing out of their group.

coach
OP Offline
coach
The Jackson MS and TN clubs are very strong.

S
bench
bench
S
CESA pays the entrance fee for their teams that make Regionals. The players must pay for all the travel expenses for themselves and the coach. The designated hotel is $130.00 per night for possibly 9 nights plus gas and meals or air fare for those that fly..... That said, the experience is worth every penny !!!

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Oh, you waste a lot of time there. They make you get there two days early to sit through the most boring two plus hour ceremony in the world. Yeah it is a great place to finish your career but that doesn't mean it isn't a waste of time. And regionals isn't the biggest stage there is to play on.

Necsa does have a decent shot at advancing but the TN team is very strong so they will need to win the other two games.

coach
OP Offline
coach
I can't imagine any minute at Regionals being a waste of time. And cab, you gotta win Regionals before you can get to the big stage.
NECSA got a break to get Greensboro in their bracket. They should beat them and maybe MS, but TN is too tough.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Ah, that is why you are imagining and I have experienced it. Personally I love to go to regionals because it is fun but what I was saying is you actually do waste a lot of time when you get there two days early and when you have one game per day there is a lot of free time on your hands.

And I am guessing that the reason most teams declined the opportunity for the PL North spot is because of this reason, a portion of their players didn't want to go because "they have better stuff to do". In fact most of the players do want to go but when you have 15 on the roster and 4-5 drop off because of this reason then a team can't accept the invitation because lack of players.

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
quote:
Originally posted by Lowerstate4A:
striker, looks like you were wrong about the reason CESA did not go. However, maybe DSC will get lawyers involved and petition for something to avoid playing CESA and Carolina Select much like they did during State Cup.

That's strange...I could have sworn I saw DSC play those two teams play during state cup. For the record...DSC DID NOT hire any lawyers. Their assistant coach petitioned on behalf of the team and geez...he just happens to be a lawyer by day. Oh...I forgot...the president of DSC...he, too, happens to provide for his family by being a family law attorney...give me a break. DSC couldn't afford to pay one nickel to hire attornies. I would speculate that any other team faced with the same situation would have done THE EXACT SAME THING . Get your facts straight before making these implications.

coach
OP Offline
coach
cab,
You have to be the first person ever to call the Regionals 'boring', and a waste of time.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Striker, you are a moron.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard