Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#3174 04/25/06 07:07 PM
B
kick off
kick off
B
Oh, I have the links to last year's same question, alright. The point was: If you're never invited to a seeding meeting (last year's), and yet, you need to be invited to a seeding meeting to get in on a seeding meeting, how do you get into a seeding meeting? See the Catch-22?

Don't feed me the line about "uninvolvement." I was invited to the North/South Selection meeting, responded promptly, and will be there bright and early on Sunday.

If more "involvement" than that is needed, then please post what comprises "involvement." True involvement would be no problem for me.

Many coaches also teach a subject (3 slight variants of the same one, in my case). Speaking only for myself, I would gladly become more "involved" if only I knew certain dates and times that I can plan according to my work schedule. Why the obliqueness if really something else is being stated?

Why should a coach have to jump through hoops just for a playoff seeding, if that's what is being implied? Let's just state expectations for attendees as all successful ventures would do for those involved. Wouldn't that work better?

Honestly, I would like to attend just to see the process in action, even if my team was not to be involved in the playoffs. I know the SCHSL and these certain coaches' cliques are criticized for creating a boys' club environment when it comes to seeding, but I refuse to participate in that line of thinking until I see it in action for myself.

However, I can see the other side of the coin. There are a lot of coaches out there who come and go, so how useful and lasting would their input really be?

I'm just trying to understand it all. I can accept most anything as long as I know the "why" of it, but, I guess, if I must ask why, in this case, then I'm not meant to know.

#3175 04/26/06 02:16 AM
World Cup
World Cup
Meoooooooowww!!!!

#3176 04/26/06 12:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For me it's rather a question of which meeting? The rules meeting that I attended this spring was the same as one of the chosen representatives, we left at the same time and unless he doubled back for a secret covert meeting (sarcasm, don't jump on me) then clearly this was decided previously in which case I reiterate Bruticus's statement of the catch-22 problem. I'm not bitter about the selection and I believe everything will work out fairly, however I do want to know how to become part of the process as opposed to an outsider looking in. Both of the top programs in Region I have new coaches this year who couldn't have attended the meeting last year so there must have been some other way to select the representative. I personally think that maybe we need to alter the selection committees makeup (not for this year) to be either the winner of each region the current year or the previous year. This would help to clarify who goes and how to get invited. Furthermore the region champions reasonably have much at stake and I believe would be able to give a full report as to the other teams in the region. What are the methods for proposing changes to the current setup?

#3177 04/26/06 12:47 PM
B
kick off
kick off
B
W and E, a little more easy and a little less whiskey, please.

#3178 04/27/06 04:12 AM
B
throw in
throw in
B
quote:
Originally posted by SC_cap'n:
I attended all the meetings I was invited to which is my point!!!

I've coached for 6 years. Other than being a voracious poster what has your contribution been?

More than likely all your problems can be solved via the internet. Try being literate or savy in the ways of email/READING

#3179 04/27/06 04:15 AM
World Cup
World Cup
I second that.

#3180 04/26/06 05:24 PM
J
world cup
world cup
J
You kids are silly.

#3181 04/26/06 06:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I simply want more information. I'm not invited. I accept that. I'd like information on how to be invited in the future, what procedures are in place for determining who's invited, and by getting involved in the process what procedures exist for morphing current policy.

#3182 04/26/06 06:21 PM
B
throw in
throw in
B
quote:
Originally posted by SC_cap'n:
There is no conspiracy theory. I'm not a liar. I'm not a rookie. I'm not aggravated and I didn't mess up. I didn't engage in name calling. (Voracious means insatiable, and for Bigsby's sake, insatiable means that you just can't get enough.) I really don't think I'm going to be taking advice on literacy from someone who professes (sorry Biggie ~ claims) to be from the great state of Mississippi and it's whopping 50th ranking in the most recent NIL survey.

I simply want more information. I'm not invited. I accept that. I'd like information on how to be invited in the future, what procedures are in place for determining who's invited, and by getting involved in the process what procedures exist for morphing (sorry again Bigs, changing)current policy. I'm assuming the majority of the posters in here are like me and don't know but I also assume that there are those out there who do know and could answer my question.

I'm sorry I don't speak Spanish.
I am your friend out here compadre'
This burrito is good but it is WAYYYY too filling.

#3183 04/26/06 06:37 PM
World Cup
World Cup
Cap, I've cleaned this up since you've calmed down. I hope my reading has aided you.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard