Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think that Defoe should make the roster for England, i also which Wright-Phllips made it over Walcott, but we dont alwasys get our wish do we!!!

MP Offline
goal kick
goal kick
With most coaches revealing their 23 man squads today, Monday the 15th, there are some very interesting picks and absences from many squads:

Germany:
Kevin Kuranyi is missing from the 23 man roster; Jens Nowotny makes a return to international football after a 2 year absence.

Italy:
Inzaghi makes a return; No Antonio Cassano!

Czech Republic:
Several injured players make the roster: Jan Koller, Smicer, and Grygera. No notable omissions and the Czechs look very strong in the midfield and up top.

Switzerland:
Hakan Yakin, a former starter, was left out of the squad because of a groin injury (even though he was expected to return in time for the WC).

Spain:
Fernando Morientes was left out of the squad. They will rely instead upon villa, Raul, and Torres to score goals. Omitting Morientes is rather risky to me because he has a superb international record.

Brazil:
No surprises with the superstar squad, although Rogerio Ceni made the 3rd goalie spot ahead of Marcos. Also I was very surprised to see that Roque Junior didn't make it.

Poland:
No Jerzy Dudek and no Frankowski. This was a very surprise decision by coach Janas. They should be fine in the midfield and the defence is pretty experienced. They have the most depth in the midfield but have some inexperienced reserve strikers.

M
goal kick
goal kick
M
Cannot understand some of these selections. Not having Kevin Kuranyi in my opinion is a huge mistake. Jerzy Dudek is a proven goalkeeper who should be in most squads, especially Polands. Hakan Yakin is also a stud that should be in his spot. Antonio Cassano never seems to shine on the big stage. Morientes is another bad non-selection in my opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i definately think that Roque Junior should have mad the squad for Brazil!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard