Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#68760 05/24/06 02:20 PM
L
goal kick
goal kick
L
The US looked like they were playing with three defenders (3-5-2) for much of the game. At the end of the game, it looked like a 1-7-2 formation. How often will they be in that formation during the World Cup? I can't see having a 3 man defense against Italy or the Czech Republic. So why practice it now? In a normal game against Morocco, it probably makes sense. But I thought the point of these games was to practice what you will use next month. Or am I missing something here?

#68761 05/24/06 02:34 PM
B
goal
goal
B
I am not that upset about our defensive breakdown at the end. We were pressing forward trying to punch one in and they got us on a counter. What bothers me is that we couldn't create more dangerous chances than we did, even if they were packing it in...I think we can play defense well enough, but how will we score?.

#68762 05/24/06 02:38 PM
T
Throw In
Throw In
T
I actually agree about Cherundolo - I thought he had a really strong game with that one exception. Several of the players were invisible, or had terrible touches (Beasley), and when we got looks at our forwards they were just standing there awaiting service. The team seemed tight. Maybe they were afraid of injury or nervous about screwing up.

#68763 05/24/06 08:13 PM
C
goal kick
goal kick
C
Pretty poor for the most part and not fun to watch. I disagree that the subs kept the team from jelling! These guys play together alot and subbing in one guy for another will not (UN-GEL) the team, they are after all professionals. The injury could have been the only argument about jelling. The "warm ups" as they have been called are very important, don't kid yourself! These guys are fighting for any opening. Trust me when i say these guys are not happy with just being on the team, they want to start and play full time.

Convey was all over the field and looked good with high energy. I also thought Cherundolo played fairly well as did the whole D. However, we looked weak in mid-field and Beasley seemed to not be himself. I also thought Landon played like Landycakes, I hope he steps it up! Claudio going out seemed to hurt our organization and possession in the middle third but I thought Pablo filled in nicely and made no glaring mistakes. I and surely any US soccer fan expected more......touches were messy and we did not do a good job of getting the ball to the forwards. For me it was a dissapointing performance. Morroco was probably the strongest team we play before the real test. It better get not just better but a world better before June or I will be watching my second favorite team play through the worlds best tournament!!

#68764 05/25/06 12:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i agree im reallly impressed with convey's play lately. i would really like 2 see him in the starting line-up come world cup time.

#68765 05/25/06 05:08 AM
B
throw in
throw in
B
An ironic post-game incident: when the game was over, espn switched over to a WNBA game. During this game, the commercial breaks were filled with FIFA cup promos. One in particular was a pro-USA bit with something along the lines of "other teams don't look forward to playing you anymore."

Felt a little bit embarassed for our home team after watching that sketchy game that had just occured...

#68766 05/25/06 09:53 AM
goal
goal
Overall: Dissappointed but ok...now lets see what Bruce can do.

Who looked good:

The D (maybe minus Gibbs, he didnt do bad just not great.)

John O'Brien, great to see him back on the field in better shape, lets hope he keeps it up.

Who looked off:

Donovan
McBride
Reyna (while he was there)
pretty much all of our big time players

MAN OF THE MATCH:
BOBBY CONVEY....when he got on the field he changed everythinge and gave our team most of our offensive chances in the second half.

So now we wait until friday....
I hope Reyna sits.....Because i dont want it to get worse....
And that Ching goes down.....BRING TWELLEMAN

#68767 05/25/06 11:33 AM
T
throw in
throw in
T
Is anyone a little upset that we just lost to Morocco...Im sorry but with a loss to this side will only mean one thing once we hit the world cup...dissapointment - I just hope they can beat Ghana now - i shouldnt even consider the Czechs or Italy

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard