Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
throw in
throw in
S
Being in Geremany for the Cup was magical. There were more special moments than can be recounted. The German people were friendly and entusiatic being the host for the greatest sporting event on the planet. Transportation was inexpensive and convenient and the venues were remarkable. Germany and FIFA did wonderful job with the fan camps. The last week in Italy was disappointing...sb

coach
coach
Did they have any youth tournaments in Germany during the Cup? That would be a fabulous trip for guys 13-17 yrs. old....to play against some international competition and then see some WC games. Those guys would be in heaven. Of course you would have to save and raise money for next 4 years.

M
kick off
kick off
M
No that I know of. I think all those 13-17 yr-old guys were either at the games, or in the fan fests downing a couple Paulaners and Bitburgers.

Coach B, you should stay away from Italy unless you have weeks on your hands. The train system is just horrible (if your a train person). And I think roads are just as bad if not worse.

goal kick
goal kick
Watching the final on Univision with a bunch of South Americans who were all rooting for Italy because Italians are more 'latino'. You don't need to know Spanish to know that english coverage s***ed

I didn't do it, but if I had you never would have known.
S
throw in
throw in
S
maj17neb,

I was in a hostel in Heidelberg where three youth teams from Virginia were staying while participating in a tournament. It it appeared that all the competition was from the US and Germany. The kids informed me that they had a great time and it was wonderful experience.

That is sage advise regarding Italy. We traveled by Eurorail across Germany, Austria and Northern Italy. Germany was far superior in organization and cleanliness. sb

S
Brace
Brace
S
1. T&T's draw against the swedes

2. Watching the WC in spanish broadcast and yelling "GOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL!!!!!!" with the spanish broacasters on EVERY goal. (My throat still hurts).

3. Mexico/Argentina........especially when im in a bar with a bunch of Mexicans with an Argentine jersey.

4.Italy/Germany

5.like L-E Dude, waking up bout 10 min b4 the first match.

6.Almost getting fired from work. Crazy how i was "sick" so many times, ironically during the World Cup.

Oh, and yeah, making fun of England and the US for their great showing in the World Cup.

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard