Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
goal kick
goal kick
G
L-E Dude...I agree with you 100 %...just because you win State doesn't mean that you have the best players but I can't believe that two players from Dreher made all state because none of them stood out...at least not this weekend.

Brace
Brace
I think the real problem may be the fact that Eastside had players selected for all-state and lost the region to Riverside. This is the real error IMO.

S
bench
bench
S
Look at it this way. Real Madrid has every superstar in world. You'd take any player from Real Madrid over a team like Arsenal(Except for Henry). But this year, Arsenal is in the Champions League final and Madrid didn't even win La Liga. It's about the individual player, not how good his team is. So what i'm trying to say here is that look at the players nominated for Riverside. Look at the ones who made it for Eastside. Would you really take any of those players over the ones from Eastside just because Riverside beat them twice? No, not a chance. And the same goes for Greenville, do remember that Greenville punished Riverside earlier in the year.

coach
coach
I would rather have a team that wins a state championship with total team play and with no 'all-state' selections, than a team that does not win, yet has three or more 'allstate' selections. Its all about team, not the individual.

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
SP...I never meant to imply that an RHS player should have taken the place of any of the players from Eastside or Greenville...they absolutely deserve being placed on the team...no debate. Just feels like picking an "All Tournament" team before the tournament is over.

Trust me...all of the boys are RHS would rather be State Champions vs. "All State" selections...maybe this means that Brian Dender should be AAA Coach of the Year?!?!?

goal
goal
I just don't understand the thinking here....it's not an "All tournament" team, it's All State-the best 18 players as voted on by the high school coaches. This is done prior to state championship weekend so the focus can be on "What has this player done in the season?" It takes 11 to make a championship team, that doesn't mean that those 11 are the best in there positions, just that they play better together than any other 11. If one top player was all that was needed to win a champioship then why wasn't Jamal playing Sat.(yes, I know he has been injured most of the year, but just for example) GVL, your reasoning seems to be blinded.

L
kick off
kick off
L
I think that if someone from the Riverside soccer program would have nominated some of it's boys players for allstate at least one if not two would have been selected but since he did not there were no Riverside players selected.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Good call 2004striker. I think Greenville sold the game to Riverside in order to get three all state selections.

quote:
Originally posted by Trisoc4:
The following three players were nominated for Riverside:

Aaron Peter
Brad Kocis
Kyle Rodgers

Lima99, are you accusing Trisoc4 of being a liar?

J
world cup
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by GVLSoccerDad:
L-E Dude...I agree with you 100 %...just because you win State doesn't mean that you have the best players but I can't believe that two players from Dreher made all state because none of them stood out...at least not this weekend.

I suppose that's why they don't base the selections off of one match, though.

And just to be clear..I'm the last person to defend All-state selections..TRUST ME! I just like to play Devil's advocate.

And you have to admit.. R-side was not impressive at all this season (at least for those of us not directly associated with them)..they did not perform well in the Palmetto Cup..were mediocre in the regular season..and nearly lost to Traveler's Rest in the first round. Gotta cut the selection committee some slack here..true maybe there should have been at least one R-side player on the list.. but these guys didn't make a peep until they BLEW EVERYONE AWAY ..with their win over Greenville.

D
bench
bench
D
Gabi Byrd, Forward, Dutch Fork in 4-A Girls is Junior not at Sophomore

Please correct...thanks

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard