Page 1 of 2 1 2
#73840 11/06/06 10:20 PM
S
Scarlet Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
Congratulations to CESA 90 Boys Premier for winning the U16 R111 Premier League !!!! It's great to see a SC team on top.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
It's going to be an interesting State Cup this year.

brace
brace
That is a very impressive feat. Congratulations.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
This was not the first time that this happened in this age group for a SC team. This is why we play the game. DSC won it last season also. We have great teams in SC. Congrats to CESA.
It would be a tough state cup in the age group. Judging by the scores of the games and from what I saw from the three teams, CESA, Bridge and DSC it would be a very interesting state cup.
CESA 3 Bridge 2 – Bridge was up 2-0 lost 3-2 in the last 15minutes
Bridge 2 DSC 2
Bridge 4 DSC 1- This was in the Atlanta Cup
CESA 2- DSC 2

C
throw in
throw in
C
I think Carolina Select (NC) won it in this age group last year. Somehow CESA finished ahead of DSC last year, earning the top seed and 1st round bye, so DSC couldn't have won it last year. I'm not sure how they did as U14's though.

This age group is very competitive, but the rest of the boys side will also be very interesting, in addition to the RIII teams, with MPSC and Bridge in the 15s, Lexington and Columbia in the 17s and CASC and Columbia in the 18s. That's really only looking at the top 4 of the brackets, but there are some good 5 and 6 seeds that could really shake things up.

Once all things are finalized, there will be some very interesting matchups to take note of.

S
coach
coach
S
To confirm what others have said, I believe that this is the first RIIIPL-East title won by a South Carolina team since GFC's U18G team won (pre-Bridge, pre-CESA, etc.) Congratulations to this team; outstanding job.

In RIIIPL-East, of 10 teams, CESA finished #1, Bridge #3, and DSC #10.

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Quote:

This was not the first time that this happened in this age group for a SC team. This is why we play the game. DSC won it last season also. We have great teams in SC. Congrats to CESA.
It would be a tough state cup in the age group. Judging by the scores of the games and from what I saw from the three teams, CESA, Bridge and DSC it would be a very interesting state cup.
CESA 3 Bridge 2 – Bridge was up 2-0 lost 3-2 in the last 15minutes
Bridge 2 DSC 2
Bridge 4 DSC 1- This was in the Atlanta Cup
CESA 2- DSC 2

Actually, DSC won the Premier League two years ago, the first year they were in the Premier League They tied with CESA for 2nd place last year. The seeding for state cup came down to the head-to-head competition between CESA and DSC. Since CESA won that game, they came in as the higher seed for state cup.

-Attitude reflects leadership-
R
goal kick
goal kick
R
Actually, GFC 85B won in their U17 year and finished second during their U18 year. Obviously, pre CESA.

S
coach
coach
S
taylorbabe: Sorry I missed that, it must have been the fact that they were tied with Carolina Select but beat them head-to-head and thus won that fooled me.

Going from #1 to #10 in two years is a pretty big step, what happened? I'm not saying this to be critical -- DSC is obviously still a very good team -- but it is an amazing fall.

S
Scarlet Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
A lot of DSC's success came from the incredible playing ability of Enzo Martinez. Enzo is still an incredible player, however, at U16 it is difficult for teams that rely on a superstar to be successful. It takes an entire team. CESA and Bridge have done a better job of developing a team of solid players. However, I would never count DSC out. They play with a lot of heart and sometimes that counts more than anything else.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard