Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Fan_of_sports,
I was wondering the same thing. Did all the players who tried out over the weekend hear back or just the ones that the coaches definitely did or did not want?

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
All of the players are registered before tryouts so I believe that they have a good idea of who will be at the makeup tryout..The same players come out year in and year out with a few exceptions and let's remember that this is just the first cut so they will probably take 36 players to Summerville...I believe the players that they saw and want back from last year got the email about sub regionals..at least this is the situation with the players and parents I know of..Can not speak for all

corner kick
corner kick
Cold,

If I understand what you are saying ODP is only looking at the players who were not on the team previously? Which would limit the number of spots on the teams for the sub-regional. If this is true why did they hold the clinic's encouraging more players to tryout? How does this encourage more players to participate in tryouts when they only have a few spots to fill?

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
They normally field one team per age group with the exception with the youngest girls that fielded two teams...
I am sure that the state would like to have a hundred girls to choose from...This is why they held the clinic's to encourage kids to come out...Last year there was thirty six girls that came out for the 92s and from what I heard there was around fourty one this year and only two of those were goalies..Most of the fourty one where ones that had played or tried out previously so they know what they are getting from previous players...That does not mean that some that had made it in the past will make the team again and there could be new players that impressed the evaluators...I would guess that they would take around thirty six to fourty players to sub regions and cut that number to eighteen players and four or five alternates after region play...I did not mean to say that if you played last year for the state that those kids are automatically in...I am saying that last years numbers and this years number are about the same so I would expect that returning players would fill alot of the spots on the team...If we had a hundred kids come out then we could probably fill two or three teams like North Carolina and Georgia

S
coach
coach
S
>>[coldhardtruth] I am saying that last years numbers and this years number are about the same so I would expect that returning players would fill alot of the spots on the team<<

Several questions:
  • Was there ever an ODP event held in the midlands like the one held by CESA in the upstate and the one held in the lower state?
  • What kind of attendance did the ODP event in the lower state have?
  • I didn't go, but heard in the oldest age group that surprisingly the numbers were about the same (I say surprisingly because there tends to be a drop-off in the later years.) So in the other age groups the consensus opinion is that the numbers were about the same?

S
Bench
Bench
S
one thing everyone needs to recognize is that each age group has a new head coach so every single player that tried out this year had fresh eyes evaluating them. keep in mind that different coaches see different things in players.

the odp administration is certainly trying different things to get more players to the tryouts and hopefully get the best players in the state to come out each year. there was no odp event in the midlands due to schedule conflicts with local clubs. the event in the lower state did not have the attendance like in the upstate.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Looks like the ODP rosters are out. 94 Girls are broken out into 4 teams. Sub Regional schedule looks good with four teams from SC, four teams from NC, two teams from GA, two teams from TN and two teams from AL. Curious why there are only two teams from GA? Also, I heard NC might be separated by East & West with two teams from the E and two teams from the W.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
H
brace
brace
H
it looks like in the 92 there is no ga coming but you do have wva on the list.

F
throw in
throw in
F
Looks like the Sun game is 92GA vs SC2. The 92SC2 team gets NC1 right out of the gate, should be fun against some former/present teamates.

H
brace
brace
H
unless things change from the last few years there may still be some rec players on the 1 team.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard