Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
throw in
throw in
C
I think I understand what you are saying. However, these are not professional athletes, although some may think they are beyond disciplinary measures, since over the years they have not been held accountable for their actions. Yes, winning at a prestigious tournament or state cup is probably taking priority over taking any other serious action. However, the club's policy document appears to have strong ties to other items which don't directly contribute to winning on the field. So once again, other members of the club can perceive that some players receive preferential treatment, and those involved will continue to perceive that it doesn't matter what they do, on or off the field.

Comet #74279 12/05/06 02:22 PM
B
bench
bench
B
If anyone on this board thinks that their child is above making a life-altering mistake such as those being discussed here, please pause before passing judgment. We raise our children to make good choices, but do they do it all the time? NO. Did we all make all the right choices growing up? NO.

As a parent I have seen more children make some stupid choices. Let’s talk about the boys on the Wando Football team. Those kids are from good families who entrusted their kids to make the right choices. The coaches were building a great core of guys to grow their program around. But what did these kids do? Armed robbery Food Lion, Subway, steal a car - even though all weren’t holding a gun they still participated by being lookouts. Many didn’t even think they were doing anything “that” wrong. Talk about a life changing decision.

Anyway how you look at it, our kids will make mistakes. All we can do as parents and members of our community is to not throw stones, but to discuss these events WITH OUR KIDS and not gossip as to outcomes. The kids made a grievous error in judgment but they will face the consequences as stipulated by the courts. If these Bridge boys were shoplifting and were caught, I am sure their actions have been addressed by their parents, club, courts, etc. To stand on the sidelines and throw accusatory slurs at the parents and the club’s inaction or action without knowing the full facts is just plain wrong.

backrow1 #74280 12/05/06 02:37 PM
P
kick off
kick off
P
Thank you backrow!

I must say what disturbed me the most about this post was that gossip and pure speculation was the start. Who knows what the reason or intent for starting it was?!

The disussion about how things should be handled was lively and interesting but 2 teams/clubs were mentioned in the public posts with not a shred of truth in the information-- just pure gossip and speculation.

Pockets #74281 12/05/06 02:49 PM
L
kick off
kick off
L
Probably has to do with who knows what... and some of us know more than others. This is why I limited my post to what I think should happen IF this situation was true.

Pockets #74282 12/05/06 02:53 PM
coach
coach
Good point Pockets. If anything did happen within these 2 clubs, who are we to judge what if any disciplinary action should take place? This forum is not the avenue to continue a discussion of this private, personal situation that these young people may be dealing with.

Pockets #74283 12/05/06 02:58 PM
C
throw in
throw in
C
Pockets, "with not a shred of truth in the information", do you really believe that?

Why griff chose as his/her first post to cast such an ugly stone, is beyond me. Obviously a person with an axe to grind. Why would they have an axe to grind?

I guess I tend to agree with one of Chico's earlier posts. Perhaps it would have been better for the club to address it in public, but that's always a tough call.

Also, I tend to agree with others, that it's probably best to move on. This one has gone in a circle and is about to repeat on substantially emotional posts, which, although interesting reading, are somewhat pointless.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard