Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
Chico --

Disappointed, of course, in the lack of digital photos but I understand. Although W&E may have his dark side, I doubt the devil would voluntarily assume his appearance. Good luck to Lexington this year. I'll try to watch them play at some point.

lpaf The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated
World Cup
World Cup
I am assembling a team of lawyers as we speak. Going down, Chico.

Lapf, I have emailed and gotten no response. I have hired your offspring to teach my team of the "Hard Way" in which she knows so much about. Still, no contact. Now I see "Folly Beach, again" and realize we are so far apart and so much time has passed. Torment me no longer...or fear the dark side.

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
W&E --

No more torment. Check your messages. Hope my alma mater lives up to its preseason billing.

lpaf The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated
bench
bench
A name that jumps to mind in the 3A division is Sophomore Bethany Marini from Blythewood High School. She is a big asset to the team and plays the majority of the team as a sweeper. She really doesnt have that much to work with on her girls team, however during the club season she produced for her team and helped her team win some games through her solid defense. Look out for her in the next 1 to 2 years.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

A name that jumps to mind in the 3A division is Sophomore Bethany Marini from Blythewood High School. She is a big asset to the team and plays the majority of the team as a sweeper. She really doesnt have that much to work with on her girls team, however during the club season she produced for her team and helped her team win some games through her solid defense. Look out for her in the next 1 to 2 years.

blythwood is coming up here to play rock hill so we will get a chance to check her out.if neither team has much then it might be fun to watch.

T
kick off
kick off
T
laplageaxfolles:

I belive you are speaking of "Beezlebub" rather than "Beelzebub":

"He casteth out devils through Beezlebub, the chief of the devils. And others, tempting Him, sought of Him a sign from heaven. But He, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth. If Satan also be divided against himself, how shall his kingdom stand? Because ye say that I cast out devils through Beezlebub. And if I by Beezlebub cast out devils, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore shall they be your judges. But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you." (Luke 11:14-20 King James Version)

Enough of that.....

Bethany is a good player, but I think you are being a little bit harsh saying that she "didn't have much to work with"

bench
bench
no doubt she is good; we all know that. but seriously who does she have to work with on b-woods team. they are very young and dont have the caliber players for her to work with like the other schools have. i believe that this can be restricting her play to some extent.

S
bench
bench
S
Bethany's team mates wont be as much of an asset as Bethany, its the cold, simple TRUTH

S
coach
coach
S
Hey...I try to keep track of players...help me out here...what club and what team in that club did Bethany Marini play for last season?

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Normally I would stay out of such bantering about a team that I coach, however I think in this case there are a few things that need to be pointed out for both the sake of general information and the team as a whole. Yes Bethany is a very solid player and over the past three years I’ve seen her improve greatly both in skill and poise on the field, however, for Blythewood her primary roll is as an offensive player not at sweeper. Those wishing to see her play should look to see her at Offensive Center Mid or possibly Forward where her style of play best compliments the team. Sara Graber is actually our Sweeper having won that position last year and does an absolutely great job there. As far as other talent on the team- yes we are young with Sophomore and Freshmen looking to hold most of the starting positions but there is definitely other talent to be found on the team scattered all around from top to bottom. Please understand that this is not a personal criticism of anyone that has posted their opinion on this page- that is what this open forum is for after all- however I would suggest my own opinion that the person posting has most likely not seen the entire team play a match and is basing their opinion on faulty or incomplete information. Being a Second Year Program we are definitely still going through some growing pains and I don’t portend that we are on par with the ‘big girls’- !Yet! but we are definitely more than just a one dimensional/one player team. Come watch us play sometime, especially once the regular season begins, and make your own assessment. Heck come see us tonight against Aiken at home 6:00, but realize that this is only a scrimmage- a time for playing around with lineups and trying new/different things- but you should still be able to determine for yourself if we are just a one dimensional/one player team.

I thank you!

Tony King
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard