Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
B
A heads up for those of you with 8 am games on the 20th...
I don't think the Park even opens until 8, although I've heard that for the last tournament or two they have opened things up by 730.

Nothing but 2 laned country roads leading back to the park.....so expect a crazed situation when you get there.

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Actually it's not crazy at all, well organized, Mary Bynum and team do a great job for SC...JUST DO WHAT THEY SAY!

Soccer is simple, but it is difficult to play simple.
T
goal kick
goal kick
T
In my experience from last year, traffic wasn't too much of an issue. The only cars coming into the park were parents. All players, coaches, chaperones ride to and from the fields on charter buses. Of course, the only teams I had contact with were SC teams. I'm not sure what the other states did with regards to transportation of their people.

-Attitude reflects leadership-
B
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
B
Quote:

Actually it's not crazy at all, well organized, Mary Bynum and team do a great job for SC...JUST DO WHAT THEY SAY!

This doesn't have anything to do with Mary or SC. It has everything to do with logistics. I've been to this park for tournaments when the park gates weren't opened until minutes before the first kickoff......traffic is backed up 1/2 mile.....kids are jumping out of cars and jogging to the park entrance because of the fear of being late. Referees showing up late because of the traffic.

Maybe ODP isn't as crowded and bad as at tournaments, but I've been to this park before when it is ugly for the first game....and its all because of really bad planning.

If you have 8 am game......open the park by 7 or 715. Problem solved.

B
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
B
actually taylorbabe.....NC kids can stay at home (or in a hotel) and have their parents bring them to the park.....45 minutes early just like a game. I'm sure all the Charlotte area kids and probably even up into Greensboro are commuting.....

B
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
B
Quote:

In my experience from last year, traffic wasn't too much of an issue. The only cars coming into the park were parents. All players, coaches, chaperones ride to and from the fields on charter buses. Of course, the only teams I had contact with were SC teams. I'm not sure what the other states did with regards to transportation of their people.

I hope you are right. Only throwing this out there as something to keep in mind.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Teams are coming from NVA,VA,NC,Al TN and SC. NC teams are on their own - in other words parents must get them to Concord and then back and forth to the games. I also remember seeing VA come on buses. I am not sure how the other states do it but I do not remember the traffic being that bad either.
Thanks for the heads up Big Daddy. Will you be there also?

B
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
B
Yup!! My son's team will be playing at 8 am.

Good luck to all attending!!!!!!!

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Mine too! I'll see you at 8

B
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
B
Temperature at 8 am tomorrow in Concord is supposed to be 29....dress warm everyone!!!! And again, good luck to all the SC boys!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard