Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
TJ Offline
bench
bench
T
Simply put - from top to bottom - Lexington is the best team in the state. They don't have an "Enzo", but they return Graham Howard at Sweeper (probably the best defensive player in the state)and then Drew Howell and Jason Young - both returning seniors. They're going to be hard to score on.
Mid field will be strong again this year, but need more speed. Up top will be Callison and either Kevin Hoarsazk sp? or Chavarria - all returning starters. Lexington really only has one question - the goal keeper.

goal kick
goal kick
Lexington is going to have trouble at keeper which might hurt them alot. While their defense is very good and up front thier is alot of skill i think Lexington needs to chill and not think so much of themselves if they want to do well. They were a suprise last year knocking off some good teams... this year people might be gunning for them!

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Personally I do not see lex becoming to full of themselves. The keeper question is certainly an issue, but in my mind the team is a team not a few stars and others.

To me people are severely overlooking Dorman as a team to be reckoned with. Young last year with a quality coach in Osorio.

goal kick
goal kick
Yes, Lexington has quality players returning, but the big question for me remains can they get the ball in when the chips are down. The Lex U17 challenge forwards scored a lot of goals in club this past fall, but will they be able to do as well in the high school season against more experienced ’88 defenders? As H.S. sophomores too many shots were missed. IMO they suffered both an experience and size disadvantage last spring. This should not be the case this year. Still, winning by shootouts isn’t going to cut it this year. No disrespect intended, I simply believe that no one in the state is going to give Lexington an inch of ground this year and that means the ball has to go in the net under pressure. Score 2 goals on Wando to survive, score 3 and I'll believe. Score 4 and I'll be a fan.

I though Orzack played defense for his club team?

I didn't do it, but if I had you never would have known.
goal kick
goal kick
Oh their was no disrespect intended towards lexington in fact i am hoping to see them do very well this year. i think Coach Gettys will have them ready in time. I hope that i can make it down and see the wando vs. lexington game i am sure it will be an awsome game!

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
WM?.... Lets be clear on one thing.... this has been brought up over and over
Lexington went 19-5-2
W - South Aiken 4-3 in pks at a tournament
W - Ridge View 3-2 in OT
W - Irmo 2-1 in pks
L - Dorman 2-1 in pks
L - Dreher 4-3 in pks
That is a 3-2 record

So I do not understand about "winning in shootouts" as it is implied that they won most games in this manner. If anything it shows they were 0.500 (RV was in OT). they still manage to win 12 games outright by your definition.

Certainly they missed their opportunities last year. Will see if they have matured but enough

By contrast Dutch Fork went 7 times into OT , 5 of which wer pks. Irmo 3 pks

goal kick
goal kick
Soccer(F)

I truly meant no disrespect to Lexington, earlier in this thread I picked them to win it all this year but I am from the side of the board that believes that championships are won on offense. Everyone seems to be focusing on their defense.

Yes Lexington has a great defense coming back, but I still think that to go that extra 5 miles to Stone they have to be a goal-scoring machine. They have some incredibly talented players in front, but I still want to know can they gel and get that ball in the net.

Yes, Lexington had a great season last year and I think the Northwestern game was one of the best in years. Yes, a win is a win but to be State Champs this year it is going to require some scoring domination on their part.

So I'll still say: score 2 to survive, three to impress and four to scare some people.

I didn't do it, but if I had you never would have known.
W
bench
bench
W
The goalkeepers for Lexington are Tanner Osbourne who was second string last year and Tripp Roberson, who played JV last year. Both have talent and potential...just need some game experience.

throw in
throw in
Game experience which they don't have, if they arne't scoring three or four goals a game preseason, i can see them getting beat untill whoever is starting gains that experience.

T
TJ Offline
bench
bench
T
I agree about most of the comments above with a few exceptions. One disagreement is with KickB

Quote:

While their defense is very good and up front thier is alot of skill i think Lexington needs to chill and not think so much of themselves if they want to do well.

Where is your evidence that Lexington is thinking so high of themselves? It's been a long time since I've been on the soccer field. Are you thinking I'm a Lex. player??

And two:(Sorry I don't know how to double quote) I agree and disagree with Who-me? Yes - for Lexington to win the state, they are definely going to have to learn to finish.
They've got some quality players up top - but they lack that dominating scorer. What I disagree with is Who me's? comment that championships are won on offensive. You're not going to find too many coaches that will agree with you on that. Yes - you can't win without scoring, but you surely can win if you can't stop scoring. I know the point you're making - but if I don't have a dominate back line - I'm not too excited about my chances.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard