Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
R
In Dorman High School a young man name Jan Hernandez was said to be ineligible to play high school soccer. That is because he was unable to pass many of his class in mexico since he never went to school there before. I think that this is unfair and he should be able to play soccer.
The classes he was assigned while he was there were completely too difficult for him. Jan Hernandez is fluent in spanish but has never gone to school there. He has lived in South Carolina ALL OF HIS LIFE. The fact that they expected him to pass HISTORY OF MEXICO is outrageous. Not to mention, he is not familiar with the metric system. This is why he also had difficulty in Trigonemetry and Physics. In my opinion, the south carolina board should have taken this into consideration before declaring Hernandez ineligible. They should look at his grades HERE and if they are question ing his effort to pass in Mexico. They should send ANY american student down to Mexico to see if they can actually obtain the same grades.

Is it Fair?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 02/01/07 06:32 PM
R
bench
bench
R
i also agree with this and i think it is unfair...its not his fault.

brace
brace
So let me get this straight: He goes to Mexico, fails out of school, and then has to come back here? Is that the situation?

R
bench
bench
R
i think he was hoping to play high sc hool soccer but i think he made the right decision coming back to the states b/c if he was hoping to go to college hes better off going to school here where he can actually pass a class.

S
Bench
Bench
S
i think it is also unfair hes just a kid he couldnt do anything

G
throw in
throw in
G
While I sympathize with the situation especially related to the History of Mexico (my kids were somewhat unprepared for South Carolina history when we moved here some years ago) and I imagine Mexico has a different take on the Spanish-American war, too). Nevertheless, trig and physics is just math which translates very well across any language. You either have an aptitude for it or you don't. Dont know the metric system ... you've got to be kidding ... that doesn't pass the laugh test ... at least not mine.

R
bench
bench
R
The metric system is the metric system..it would be a tough transition for any american student.

corner kick
corner kick
I've learned the metrix system every year in both of my science and math classes. It is very simple

goal kick
goal kick
Just so I understand, how did he come to be taking classes in Mexico? How long was he away from South Carolina? Was he previously enrolled at Dorman? What were his grades like before he left for Mexico? More information please.

I didn't do it, but if I had you never would have known.
R
bench
bench
R
well you cant even spell metric system. But the transition is hard

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard