Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
kick off
kick off
S
It doesn't matter if it's the metric system or not. It's all math. What does it matter if you have mph or mps on the end of the math is the same. As far as converting one to the other, if you can't figure out how to convert metric measurements to other metric measurement, then you shouldn't be allowed to pass the class. A 5th grader could do that.

R
bench
bench
R
well dont you also think that if you've never gone to school in mexico and you dont know how to read or write in spanish, wouldnt it be hard?

E
goal kick
goal kick
E
Is mexico known for having a great school system?
are their universities known worldwide?

obviously he knew the laungauge

alot can be accomplished with alot of studying

metrics is not that hard, everyone learns it in america in math and science.

one can be beaten, two can defend themselves, but a a strand of three is not easily defeated
bench
bench
personally i think that this is completely fair...i mean rightmidhunt said that he thought that Hernandez was hoping to play high school soccer in Mexico. Therefore, that being said, he chose to go over there hoping to accomplish that. That was his choice and he needs to accept the consequences of that. Him going back to Mexico to study school there after being in the United States for his whole life is like a study abroad program in college. In college although you are studying in a different country your grades there count on your GPA back in the states. Hernandez took the risk of doing that and now he has to reap the consequences of his decision.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
2 things

1- how do you determine if an exchange student is eligible to participate? There are many playing in SC
2- SCcoach......WOW!!...that is all I can say WOW!!....

brace
brace
Quote:

anyone else believe that rightmid and randomcoach are the same person?

He should just create an account called the randomright and save us the headache.

It is amusing though...

world cup
world cup
sccoach......Classic!

lowerstate.....have you discovered a "sock puppet"?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
throw in
throw in
C
Unfortunate.....yes, unfair.....no.

There was a significant thread about the NW situation I think last year.

Many lose sight of the fact that the rules are for all, not just the players that could impact the teams success.

Hurst, you're spending too much time on the NC sight with the sock puppet reference. Which one is the real one and which one is the sock puppet?

world cup
world cup
No idea.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
goal kick
goal kick
For what it's worth, I have spent small amounts of time in South and Central American schools over the past couple of years (although not Mexico and not in high schools). My impression is that state run schools are by in large strict, demanding, very structured, and in terms of content are often ahead of where my children were at the same grade level in their US schools. I can see any student coming from the US would have difficulty adapting. My belief: a student who was only 'doing good enough to play' academically in the US would have trouble even without the language barrier.
To me, what would be unfair is for him to have done well in the Mexican school and not be cleared to play here because of some bias against that school..

I didn't do it, but if I had you never would have known.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard