Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
goal kick
goal kick
This is a bunch of crap. Its like me complaining because i failed my AP EUROPEAN HISTORY class because im not European. But wait a minute, I was in the class and I was there to take notes, and I think there was even a teacher who was available to ask for help. Now I take AP PHYSICS and AP CHEMISTRY, and they use the metric system. And im expected to know a millimeter is, and what a nanoCoulomb, and I have to make the change from miles/hour to meters/second, and from atm to torr, and kpa to mmhg. Yet I can still pass. If the kid has lived in SC all his life, whats the problem with learning the metric system, which I think in Newberry county (one of the worst school districts in the state) we started learning the metric system in third grade. and if he was taking these classes in Mexico, and he can fluently speak Spanish, there isn't a problem with the comprehension of the language being taught, so whats the question. Here is a kid who is apparently Mexican who failed some classes at Dorman High school, and now he can't play, im sorry kid, sit out yout punishment like all other American kids in many sports, not just soccer, who have failed classes.

i wanna stay inside
R
bench
bench
R
well the difference is that he was in another country learning that stuff unlike you who was in a class full of americans who were in the same level of ignorance.

goal kick
goal kick
From the 'Best Player in the State' thread in the ODP/Club forum, I gather that this kid went to Mexico because of an opportunity to play with a professional team’s development club, that he didn't like living in Mexico and returned to SC. Is this pretty much the situation?

I didn't do it, but if I had you never would have known.
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
was'nt he taking a chance by going to Mexico? What if it would of worked out for him there and he got what he went after...It seems to me it was more about choices and not whether this is fair or unfair

R
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
R
the situation was that he went to mexico during the summer and then he stayed. He's never been to school there and they put him in the regular classes and he didnt do so good. He came back to SC and now they wont let him play...

goal kick
goal kick
this is the same thing as a student at my high school who moved to ohio with he dad at the end of his sophmore season. during his junior season he moved back in with he grandparents in sc, the SCHSL declared him ineligible for a semester. He sat out basketball his junior season, and went on to become one of the better receivers in the state his senior football season, as well as a dominate center/forward on the basketball team. but im still confused what the big deal is here? the kid from greenwood moved to byrnes, to play football, and he was declared ineligible. both students were academically eligible, but because of their "address changes" they were ineligible.
so big deal lets move on.

i wanna stay inside
B
bench
bench
B
how is someone supposed to pass any class over there when they never went to school in spanish..

goal kick
goal kick
Sounds unfortunate for him, but he probably should have checked out what he was getting into better before he decided to stay in Mexico for a semester. Did he not know that the classes were going to be in spanish? Come on.
Also, I'd guess the training schedule for a pro affiliate team was pretty intense and I have to wonder if his attention wasn't more on soccer than classwork. The grades he got are the grades he got. He didn't like living in Mexico. He made a choice and it didn't work out. Move on. IMO Dorman did the only thing they could do.

I didn't do it, but if I had you never would have known.
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Why should he be treated any different from other players that transfer? I know of several players that are sitting the bench this year due to inelgibilty because of transfering.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard