kick off
R
is dorman going to win state again?

world cup
world cup
2/1/07
Looking Ahead: Dorman
By Mike Loveday, StudentSportsSoccer.com Staff

When a state champion loses six players and all three of its captains, the next season could present interesting challenges and for Dorman (S.C.) and head coach Josef Lorenz an opportunity to try new things.

With his leaders from last year's 21-3 state title winning team graduated, Lorenz is taking the opportunity to appoint a captain from each class to lead the team.

"We are a pretty young team this year. It's going to be important that the team unites," Lorenz said. "The freshman, sophomores and juniors are apart of this."

Lorenz welcomes 11 freshmen onto this season's team, which returns seven starters. Only one senior dots the starting lineup with the remainder being sophomores and juniors.

While the possibility of naming captain's for each class is out there, Lorenz is still looking toward his experienced players to fill the voids that the graduated captains left.

Alex Congrone and Nathalie Emplit provide experience to a young roster.

Congrone holds down the defense and is an excellent one-on-one tackler.

Emplit is an All-State attacker and the type of player who constantly works to improve.

"She's the most creative player I've ever coached," Lorenz said of Emplit. "She does things you never thought she'd try to do. Her arsenal is so big and different."

Dorman begins the season as South Carolina's Class 4A preseason No. 1 team, and with that ranking comes a target for all opponents to attempt to hit.

"We need to be prepared," Lorenz said.

Dorman needs to prepare for what is a difficult schedule that begins in the preseason with games against the 3A top-ranked team, Riverside, and the 2A No. 1 Bishop England.

Lorenz said the tough schedule will help the team once they reach the state playoffs.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
corner kick
corner kick
Dorman and Mauldin are the same region. Which ever team comes out on top in the region will have the advantage of playing at home during the playoffs. Last year Dorman earned that right and rode it all the way to the State Championship. Dorman and Mauldin both have young teams this year.

S
coach
coach
S
I've never heard of "Alex Congrone"; but perhaps she's related to "Alix Zongrone". Alix is a wonderful player -- if this "Congrone" girl is better than Alix then Dorman is a cinch to repeat.

R
bench
bench
R
yes i also agree that....correction, her name is Alix Zongrone and she practically holds the defense at Dorman.

throw in
throw in
so they will be good but isn't lexington returning almost every starter and sub

R
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
R
Post deleted by randomguycoach

World Cup
World Cup
I hoep you aren't a Dorman fan blowing them up to win it all. Whatever happened to poor mouthing and flying under teh radar!

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
I don't know how they will end the season but I think they will start it 0-3.

S
bench
bench
S
Dorman has a great chance of winning again..but they will have to take a team full of younger players and compete against Irmo, Lexington, Wando, Mauldin. It's going to be exciting to see the results of the Viking Tournament to see how all of these "powerhouse" teams come out in the end

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard