Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
goal kick
goal kick
If you get 5 nights per week. My husband averages 3 games per week total

goal
goal
Same topic, different year! The HS officials as a majority are dorks that are just trying to assert some athoriti(yes, I spelled it like that for a reason). These people have no other athority in life some they come to the pitch just to try and be tough guys over a bunch of adolescents and coaches who usually have ten times the amount of experience and knowledge in the game than themselves. Screw the officials, and until the coaches aas a whole stand up and demand better, nothing will change.

What's my name?! Chuck Norris doesn't get questions, he gets answers!
goal kick
goal kick
H.S. games are played on weeknights. Every ref I know has put in a full day at work, rushed to the field after gulping down a burger in transit to get paid a whopping $35 so he can have 16 year olds tell him he s*cks(behind his back), and have supposed adults yell near obscenities from the stands. And you think they all do it just so they can boss people around? Even if that's true, so what? They aren't your guests, they are hired to do a job.

They are the law the minute they step on the pitch. You get good and you get bad, but in most cases when it's bad it's bad in both directions so it's like a rain soaked field, unpleasant but a part of the match. I hate it as much as anyone else, but if you haven't learned how to keep out of the sights of a pissed off ref yet I feel sorry for your team.

I didn't do it, but if I had you never would have known.
J
throw in
throw in
J
You must be one of these jerks being mentioned in this forum. Some refs just need to do their stinkin job. Some refs are not approachable even if you just want to discuss a situation which is bad all because of an idiot thinkin he has a little power because he has a whistle.

Cowards die many times before their deaths, the valiant never taste death but once.
goal kick
goal kick
Thats the point..he does have the whistle and he does have the power. Learn to deal with it because you are going to have to deal with jerks who can make your day miserable off and on the field for the rest of your life.

Like I said, if you can't make it part of the game and walk away when you know what your dealing with then I feel sorry for your team.

I haven't reffed in years but I still have a red card somewhere if you want it.

goal
goal
Officiating should not be a "job", if it is and you do it for the money, then you are just plain wrong. If it is such a hassle for some of you, give it up! And yes, it is bad both ways when it is bad, that still does not make it right, it just makes it an injustice to alot more people. The people in charge need to do more to make sure officials are qualified and ready, the process now is flawed. The only people you need to feel sorry for are the morons you are defending, and since you seem to be so quick to have excuses for bad officiating handy

What's my name?! Chuck Norris doesn't get questions, he gets answers!
goal kick
goal kick
So when did I defend bad officiating? The closest I came was in disagreeing that the bad ones do it as a power trip. I hate bad officiating as much as anyone, and no I don’t ref so I’m not one of the jerks you were talking about. My point was that good, bad or indifferent, it is foolish and tiresome for players to argue with referees, but there is so much of it going on. I watched kids get cards in State Cup matches this year for running their mouth and arguing with a ref. Why? To prove that they were right? Because they thought he was an a*s? Smart stuff! In my opinion, if you don’t have a captain’s band on your arm, just keep away from the ref.

Bad officiating needs to be reported in writing to the league assignors like tiredsoccermom said above, with a name and details along with your own name. Then maybe the jerks you are talking about can be moved aside or down to rec. If your not willing to do that then don’t complain. In the meantime, recognize the rules of the game say the guy with the whistle is in charge. He’s not a guest. Don’t be a prima donna and argue with him or try and show him up, just play the game.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Bad officiating needs to be reported in writing to the league assignors like tiredsoccermom said above, with a name and details along with your own name. Then maybe the jerks you are talking about can be moved aside or down to rec. If your not willing to do that then don’t complain. In the meantime, recognize the rules of the game say the guy with the whistle is in charge. He’s not a guest. Don’t be a prima donna and argue with him or try and show him up, just play the game.

That's the problem. You report them and nothing is done. In fact, the worst one of them all, the biggest "show" of all, heads the officials. He's the one you see at the Plex in Cola giving out blue cards left and right and blowing his whistle every 10 seconds just because someone touched the wall or didn't close the door to their bench. I don't need to mention his name but he is just terrible and to top it off he looks like he just molested a 4 yr old with his horrible mustache and short shorts no less.

Last edited by shut^&play; 02/16/07 02:24 AM.
goal kick
goal kick
OK. That I have no answer to.
Punky adults are always worse than punky kids 'cause they at least should know better.

bench
bench
Hey All,
I am a bit surprised that no one has stepped up and said that they wanted to be a referee. I know as an assignor (as well as a referee) I am interested in feedback about ALL of my officials. But I will only listen to those who will tell me who they are. They also have to tell me both good and bad details and what Laws of the Game they feel were not followed or enforced. I will say that at least once a year all officials have to pass a Law Test so I know they can at least pass the test. I invite ANY player/coach to take the test. I do have respect for those who play and are willing to at least go thru the referee course, not all become referees but all become better players (and coaches as well). If all I hear from certain people are complaints, they usually tend to view many issues in life that way. I do have major respect for those who can applaud the good and identify the weak. I will always sign my email so you know who I am and anyone is welcome to feel free to share their thoughts but I will put most weight behind those who can view both sides of the game and life... Share the good and the not-so-good...

Let's Rock 'n Roll, Bob Wern
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard