Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#77243 02/18/07 10:50 PM
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
This is how Lexington did in the Carolina Soccer Classic....
1st Game- Greenville - 2-0 loss
2nd Game- Wando - 3-2 Win
3rd Game- Blufton - 4-0 Win
4th Game - Spring Valley - 4-1 Win
.....argue away....

Nobody asks to be a hero, it just sometimes turns out that way.
S
bench
bench
S
From what I saw of Lexington - clearly they have the potential for contending for the state championship. However, they need to tighten up greatly as a team.

Their greatest need - The forwards and midfield has to improve and give more defensive support. However - they played well offensively - 13 goals over 4 games. Andrew C. had a couple of goals on free kicks.

Their greatest surprise - Tanner Osborn played great in goal. This was a big question mark for them, yet Osborne did an outstanding job.

The defensive was good - but had a couple of misques. Drew Howell missed half of the games due to injury. Howard and Young were strong.

E
goal kick
goal kick
E
howell ws injured in the first game vs greenville, and didnt play again

one can be beaten, two can defend themselves, but a a strand of three is not easily defeated
goal kick
goal kick
Like scout said I was very pleased with osborn's performance. He had a great tournment. Keeper had been a big question for lexington lets see if he can keep it up all year. They lost to a very good greenville team (btw congrats on the championship win) but i think that it was a game they could have one they just did not play very well. They wando game was a big win for them in a game i was very anxious to see and i think they played their best game against spring valley. I still think they have some work to do as far a playing together and they also have a few people out due to injury. I say though if they can pull together they will be very very competitve!

goal kick
goal kick
For the part of the SV-Lex game that I saw it looked like SV was frustrated and their own worst enemy.

I was told that the new Lex goalie used to be A rated in club but walked away from the game for a couple of years. True story?

I didn't do it, but if I had you never would have known.
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
true story

S
bench
bench
S
I heard what "Who me?" heard about SV being frustrated do to the fact that they didnt get the opportunity to play for the championship

S
kick off
kick off
S
ok first off if you actually watched the games lexington played this weekend you would have seen that they are not that strong. there win against wando was a fluke if you ask me... three of the worst goals i think i have ever seen but yea a goal is a goal... but if they meet again they will lose in my opinon wando was without two starters

dont question me
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
So Sick... what you are saying is that Wando should have won 1-0, on the goal of the scramble in the box, since there were 2 pks (one for each side) and the other two lex goals were flukes.
The fact that a 40 yd free kick goal is a fluke in your eyes could be debated. I guess then your point is that Anderson is not a good Keeper and that Flato (who miraculously is now at Wando - like to see the transfer paper on that one) would have stopped everything and that Hogan (who was supposed to be at Bradenton) would have made the difference? May I ask who would be benched? Andrew E? Ralphie? Kirby?

... Oh yes I forgot, I guess that technically Wando won the tournament since the 3 goals they gave up to Greenville were all flukes too....

Wando is loaded and will be strong in the Lower State, I would not be surprised if they were in the noise at the end.

goal kick
goal kick
your right Sick lexington, a bunch of "white trash", could never have beaten the Gods from Wando straight up. It had to be a fluke. Beating spring valley 4-1 is not a strong win either in my books!! the two starters out for lexington wouldnt have made much of a difference either. nice try though Sick!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard