Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#77515 02/23/07 03:13 AM
M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Expect CUFC Elite '92 to continue to strengthen through Spring league and tournament participation in preparation for a showdown with CESA Premier '92 for the coveted title of State Champion. CESA Premier '92 is a well coached, disciplined, tactical team with a great track record to date. CUFC Elite '92 is also a well coached team with strong, fast players who have demonstrated continued improvement in the areas of building team chemistry and tactical skills with every match. It's great to see CESA Premier '92 get off to such a great start in the Premier League with two wins. SC needs to continue to develop players, teams and clubs capable of producing teams able to compete in Region III east and beyond. Strong competition makes everyone better. GO CUFC ELITE '92!

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Congrats to the Bridge FA 92 Boys. They have been playing without there starting keeper and using a field player in the goal for the past four games, Premier included.

Score from yesterday.
Bridge FA 5 - Tega Cay 0
Bridge FA 4 - Columbia Challenge 0

P
kick off
kick off
P
Kudos to CUFC Challenge '92! They played several men down throughout the game and lost their starting goalie during the game vs. BFA 92 Gold. The CUFC players never let their heads drop-they kept talking and working the field the entire game. These players demonstrated the spirit of the game and showed true teamwork. It was a pleasure to be a spectator.

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
That sounds like tough road for the boys. Glad to hear they kept their heads up. They need to get out and recruit some new players if they're short. How about pulling in a few JV players who aren't playing club ball?

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
S
goal
goal
S
Why were they playing down several men? It looks like Bridges win's aren't that impressive. Playing without your starting goalie is part of the game. It happens to most teams at one time or another. There are not too many teams carrying two full time goalies. They seem to all use a field player to fill the injury. This coming weekend will be interesting.

I am proud of those young men on the '92 "Palmetto" team. They are enduring a difficult time in the transition. Hopefully the club will consider promoting some in the fall.

C
kick off
kick off
C
5-0 and 4-0 are plenty impressive in soccer - even at this level. Both opponents are good teams - and while I didn't see the games, I'm betting the BFA team took their foot off the gas in at least one of these games.

S
goal
goal
S
You are correct! Better said they weren't as impressive as my first read. They are good wins and I would agree with you that they probably took their foot off the gas and got alot of players some good PT. That is one item toward building a quality team. I would still like to know CUFC was playing down men?

P
kick off
kick off
P
I believe they had players that were sick (pneumonia?), injured and a few that may have quit to play JV.

J
throw in
throw in
J
CF,

No letting off on the gas I can tell you. This team is solid and their back four is tough.

goal
goal
Cole,

I just noticed an interesting addition to the MP roster - tell me it ain't so! Although the boy won't be able to play in any cup games, I'm sure he will do his part in getting you guys there.

Don't remember seeing him this past weekend - will he be playing at Patriots Point this coming weekend? I have to admit I am extremely jealous.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard