Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Soccer Parent,

I stand corrected and apologize for the oversight. As you said, the team was short four players as two are now injured and two are on a school trip. Every player on the roster contributes to the success or failure of a team and I should have thought more carefully before making the statement that two starters were missing. Congrats again on the wins for the team.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
P
kick off
kick off
P
Congratulations to CUFC for their Challenge game win over the Bridge.

Most of all congratulations to the players and parents of the CUFC team for demonstrating class. The CUFC team was "gunning" for the Bridge team but when the game was said and done there was no excessive celebration by the parents or CUFC team. It was a tough weekend for the bridge boys and I for one appreciated the restraint and sportsmanship demonstrated by the club.

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Pockets,

Well said and your comments are appreciated. Good sportsmanship in the face of excellent competition is the standard we as parents should expect from ourselves as well as our kids. Well done on both sides of the ball.

goal
goal
Manchester, you've seen both Bridge FA and Mt. Pleasant up close and personal recently - care to make a prediction regarding tomorrow's matchup in Summerville?

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
I think Bridge is without question a better team than MPSC. In addition to being better from a shear talent perspective, I expect they'll be pretty dangerous after suffering three losses over this past weekend. Knowing some of your players like I do, I'm predicting they'll come out fired up and take care of business. Bridge wins by 2.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Bridge 1 MPSC 0

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
The league is wide open. All eyes on the state-cup seedings

C
bench
bench
C
If CUFC wins their last two games they will win the league. CUFC will get the number 2 seeding because of CUFC beat Bridge 2-0 and Bridge beat CUFC only 1-0

S
bench
bench
S
That is NOT necessarily true Charles....

In the case of ties within a division the following tie breaking procedures will be used for qualifying matches only:
1. Winner of head-to-head competition. (This criteria is not used in more than two teams are tied. See below.)
2. Most wins.
3. Team with greatest net goal difference (NGD) which his computed as “goals for” minus “goals against” with a maximum
of 4 NGD per game.
4. Team with the least goals against (there is NO limit on the number of goals that will be counted to determine this
tiebreaker).
5. Team with the most goals (maximum of goals per game).
6. Coin toss.

So there is more to be determined than just CUFC winning their last two games.

Best of luck to ALL teams in this division.

S
goal
goal
S
Then under #3 Bridge will need to make up for 6 goals they are short in three games. CUFC still has 2 games remaining and there is a max of 4 goals per game. That is a very tall order for Bridge. I don't think it matters much because the #2 & #3 seeds will be in the same bracket anyway. If you look at the schedule the GD4 relates to the #3 tie breaker. If CUFC wins out Bridge would have basically 1 game to make up the difference. Although, not insurmountable it is a long shot.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard