Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
goal
goal
B
Kickman,

At least you have provided evidence of some kind of rationalization with your post. And I'm not intending to get into a long debate about it, because I think it will be a great match to watch.

However, in Pinewood's 13 matches, they've given up 10 goals. Yes all to SCHSL teams, but they've also shut out SCHSL teams, Fort Mill, and James Island, and Hoover, the public HS from AL.

I have to admit, I only really "know" the younger players.

Yes, Enzo and Kropp will be a test for the Pinewood defense, but there are a couple that routinely see Enzo during the club season. I believe that the midfield will be hotly contested between the two. I don't know how Coach Wren plays at Northwestern, so I don't really know how to match the midfielders, but the Pinewood midfield should match up very well with them. There was some early talk of the Northwestern defense being suspect, but obviously, only giving up 10 goals, they appear to be solid, so it's hard to say how the Pinewood offense will do against that.

All in all, the makings of a close match. But in the end, that's why they play the game.

goal kick
goal kick
You always have to look out for the Bear lurking in the woods.

kick off
kick off
PP-3
NW-2

Oh..we gonna bring it this year
corner kick
corner kick
I don't think Sidenet is kidding...

..PP in an upset with Sidenet's #s

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

With the exception of Fort Mill (who doesn't get scored on much by anybody) NW has not had any trouble scoring. In 14 games NW has only given up 10 goals. Considering that every SCHSL team PP plays scores on them I expect NW to score plenty and give up one or none. I think 4-0 was being conservative, 6-1 would not surprise me. Pinewood's best games came in the preseason when SCISA teams seem to typically outperform High School League teams for some reason.

SV - 2
FM - 0

PP - 2
FM - 0

NW - 2
FM - 1

SA - 1
FM - 0

Northwestern is the only "Top Ten" Team that FM has scored on.....But, they do have a Good Defense against Region III Teams

M
throw in
throw in
M
Is that a shot at NW's D? Well let's look at offenses then shall we?

Northwestern
vs. Dorman- 4 goals
vs. Irmo- 6 goals
vs. Dutch Fork- 5 goals
vs. SV- 3 goals

...All top ten 4A schools

Pinewood
vs. SV- 0 goals
vs. Summerville- 0 goals

Everyone else on their schedule is mediocre at the very best (except FM, and both teams scored 2 goals on them).

corner kick
corner kick
MANU,

How could you even think that was a shot at NW's Defense

Kickman's quote was ".........With the exception of Fort Mill (who doesn't get scored on much by anybody)
translation: "Nobody scores on FM"

I was pointing out that FM was shutout by every top team that it played EXCEPT the mighty offense of the NW Trojans

"TopTen" - 7
Fort Mill - 1

Now back to the prognasticating:
My guess is that PP will score 0 goals on the mighty NW Defense...
...and win in PKs...

OhhhNoooo, What if I'm wrong???

M
throw in
throw in
M
nothing dude its just a prediction. i'm just justifying my side of it.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
So Pinewood did not score any goals against Summerville?
What was that score?

B
goal
goal
B
Nope.
Summerville 1, Pinewood 0.

Why?
Does that somehow have relevance to this discussion?
Are you trying to compare the Summerville attack to Northwestern?
Or are you just trying to continue to highlight the Summerville win to somehow either justify the other 4 losses, or just tired of reading many others high opinion of Pinewood, with no mention of Summerville?

Last edited by Bear; 03/30/07 01:53 PM.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard