Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
One super club in SC? Most coaches and trainers are all for this..Imagine bringing the best players together..a coaches dream because they usually have no dog in the fight..Parents of players playing at that level have no problem with it until their child is no longer on the team.. I think that it can be a good idea as long as the level of training does not diminish just because some players did not make the premier team..If the idea is to put together the strongest challenge or premier team in the state then the same idea should apply to classic play..

world cup
world cup
Yeah cht, good idea!

Let's whittle it down to one team per classification. One premier, one challenge, one classic. We would only need three paid coaches and one paid DOC in the state, everybody else could play rec.

Cost to the parents/players of these three "state teams" would be $4,000 per year (unless you find a sponsor).

That'll work.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Hurst,
You missed the point...It's not about fielding one team..It's about making sure that the level of training does not drop off because it's just classic..Of course at the higher levels there would be fewer teams but a super club should also field strong classic and rec teams so these kids can have the chance to move up thru the system..
Once they start counting the money that's coming in...you will see a whole crop of elite teams and this super club would only fix the competitve level of soocer for now..It would not touch the root cause of the problem with S.C. soccer

hat-trick
hat-trick
One thing that I have advocated for years in competitive youth soccer is a more open roster system. If a club has multiple teams in a given age group, allow a pooled roster and movement from week-to-week from the 2nd team to the 1st and vice versa. And the same between the 3rd and 2nd teams, etc. This way, if a player doesn't make the top team at tryouts (a one shot deal), they can still earn a chance to move up during the season. And if a player does well at tryouts but doesn't show the committment during the season, they can be moved down. With this system, the players would be motivated to perform their best from week-to-week and they could get opportunities to develop themselves through play at a higher level.

With the electronic/internet capabilities available today, rosters could be easily submitted to the league authorities on a weekly basis. A computerized system could verify eligibility using player numbers.

I know you guys are wondering what I'm smoking if I think USYSA/SCYSA will ever adopt this type of system. But, hey, one can dream, can't he?

Last edited by Coach P; 05/04/07 10:49 PM.
kick off
kick off
Coach P. In a perfect world your logic would and should work effectively. Unfortunately what you would have would be some strong, very responsible and committed players in Team "A". (But, unfortunately, probably not the "strongest" team)

I applaud you guys kicking this idea around. At some point, we are going to have to appoint/elect club leaders whos only agenda is what is truly best for the kids.

That is the number one obstacle that SC clubs has to negotiate before truly great things can happen.

N
bench
bench
N
We participated in the SCYSA Publix State Cup this weekend. Tourney was well run and weather was PERFECT!

I have one observation in regard to parents though. One of the team's we played parent's were overheard by OUR team saying that "our team" was a pushover team. That comment hurt some boys feelings and was completely unnecessary. Later, during the game, there were more very negative comments made in regard to our players and coach from the opponents parents. This was a terrific match and both teams played their hearts out. My issue is that parents cannot live through their children and name call the other team.

Any ideas on how to stop this behavior at games politely?

Thanks

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard