Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
bench
bench
An important side note was both goals that were called back were at important juctures in the game. The called back throwin was when it was still 0-0 and the free kick by Chavarria was when Lex was up 1-0. These 2 calls helped keep SA in the game for longer than they should have been.

'We lost because we didn't win.' - Ronaldo
M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
i say this in the nicest way possible because lex has a really good team and could make a run at the state championship, but everytime they are in a close game, its always the same thing, "it would have been 10-0 if they could have finished" if it keeps happening and happening then maybe they are just a team that does not finish very well. i mean thats not neccessarily a problem because with a defense like that a goal or two may win you most games. just my observation.

goal kick
goal kick
Midlands your right that they do say this everytime but the thing is its true.... they dont finish well... its been a problem for them all season.....the can dominate a team the entire game and only put away 2 or 3 goals .... examples ... vs irmo, WK, both SA games, Pinewood, hammmond ...your also right that with a defense like they have they are usally alright!

To play the game is good, to win the game is great, to LOVE the game is the greatest!
throw in
throw in
so what Lex isnt blowing out teams like they should..so what if they cant finish...theyre winning right?

corner kick
corner kick
I think South Aiken's chances of making it to the Upper State Finals look better than Lexington's. That lower bracket looks a little tougher, but who knows???? Lex will just have to knockout NW a little earlier

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Spartan ...True

Midlands... I think in any game the opposition has a say so in the outcome. In this game SA defense had another super performance as they did not give any easy chances, which is the definition of defense.

Usually I look at the game and determine if the score was reflective of the game. I am sure most everyone has seen a a game that was won 3 or 4 to nothing and had absolutely no correlation to the game conditions. Based on what some described, an example would be Irmo's loss to WK. 1-0 yet by all accounts the game was lopsided in the other direction.

goal kick
goal kick
I'm curious. Of the 26 reported shots taken by Lexington, how many were on frame and would have gone in if not for a defenders actions?

I didn't do it, but if I had you never would have known.
kick off
kick off
South Aiken is really not on the same level as Lexington. Besides, I'm pretty sure the NW and Lexington players want to play again. Once one is knocked out, it makes the road a lot easier for that team.

97% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
as team spirit signature suggests.

"97% of all statistics are made up on the spot"

It does not matter as the answer will be highly dependent on the individual replying. Give SA defense a good pat on the back, and lets move onto other games.

Irmo and Wk are playing for the right to visit NW tonight...

brace
brace
If I were a betting man, I would put my money on NW to win their region. However, let us not forget that they still have to play FM and last year FM pulled the upset at the end of the year and actually won the region. Region 3 is not set in stone (yet).

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard