Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
throw in
throw in
does anyone know what time the saturday game will be played in the third round? or is it different for each game?

drew johnston
J
JJ Offline
bench
bench
J
SoccerFanMan, you are absolutely correct. The SCHSL has a 75 percent rule, which states no school's athletic team can have more than 75 percent of its returning players participating on an outside team coached by members of the school's athletic staff.

However, I feel the club has the best guy coaching their team, and that the players would not develop nor learn as much from any other coach in Lancaster County.

JJ #84502 04/28/07 08:21 PM
J
world cup
world cup
J
Bottom line is - there are enough limitations on "small market" clubs/high schools, does this really need to happen?

I don't think so.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Jack, I agree. The ONLY challenge club team in our area (even though it is a big area) already has 8 players that play at our high school. We also only have ONE high school.
Some players trying out for the challenge club won't make it because the coach has to watch numbers. We have 17 players in that age group that are easily challenge level players. Some will have to play classic because of #'s.
While I understand there could be a slight advantage of playing together all year round, at the high school level, all the players are club players anyway.
This caliber of player could play with anyone and be very competitive. So I do not see the real advantage.
I would like to see the rule go away or exceptions added.
I noticed in the rule book that baseball players have exceptions. Anyone see a change coming?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard