Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 33 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 32 33
R
goal kick
goal kick
R
I agree with all of you on this. I just wish he would walk the walk while he talks the talk. Like I said earlier, I don't disagree with the benching. I do have a problem with him telling the rest of the team Danny had no ethics because he cussed. I also have a problem with Wayne cussing at Danny during the heat of the moment loud enough for me to hear in the stands. I guess you guys think its okay for him to cuss the player but to expect more of the players than his example during the Chapin game. Ethics are ethics, cussing is cussing. It shouldn't matter which cuss word you use, zero tolerance is zero tolerance. I do agree that if the referees had a zero tolerance across the board, this discussion wouldn't be happening. The biggest problem is inconsistent enforcement. Also, Wayne had a player that on 2 occasions yelled the f word loud enough to be heard in the stands. That player got no additional punishment beyond what the referee handed out. That was a few years ago. I just think you send a mixed message when some can cuss, you can cuss but you still have a zero tolerance for others.

Once again, I don't condone the language on the field. I just wish the coach was consistent and the referees were consistent.

Goal
Goal
Mr. Cates, let me preface this comment by saying that I've always enjoyed watching Dutch Fork play throughout the years and know that you have had several sons play at DFHS. I only saw Danny this year at the Palmetto Cup and he was excellent.

However, the PK loss to Riverside that day kind of sums up my perception of the Silver Foxes (close but no cigar). Why is it like that at DF? And, why is it that the whole senior group is the same way whether it be high school or club? Seem to be underachievers (much like the Spring Valley group of the 1990s). I know because my son was there and my nephew played for the same sort of teams at Lexington then (similar story).

Would love for you and other DF supporters to weigh in. Congratulations on a great year anyway.

50th for a reason!
R
goal kick
goal kick
R
Cola Fan,

I think that for any team to be successful, you have to have two things.

1) A leader (coach, player, etc) that has won before and knows how to win.
2) People on the team that are willing to listen to that person and the desire to play together to make it happen.

I think that Irmo is the perfect example. I have seen Coach Savitz take a player that was average before he played for Irmo and turn him into an awesome player. I have seen him take middle of the road temas to the finals. He knows how to win. The main thing is that he demands and has earned the respect of everyone that comes thru there. Winning begets winning. It is truly a mindset, that you are supposed to win every time you step on the field.

I am not sure what was missing, but I will admit I thought that group of seniors would be more successful in club and in high school. They are all great individuals that will go far in life, it just didn't work out on the pitch.

B
goal
goal
B
This is in response to cabj12.

Vocalization of the english language is a learned behavior. As such, it is not an "involuntary" response, such as the gag reflex. The fact that more and more people think it's socially acceptable, makes it no less wrong to others.

E
goal kick
goal kick
E
I'll second what coach Robinson, Jackson, etc. have commented on Coach Quinlan. What he did in that Wando game was based on his good principles whether you agree with him or not. Certainly there's more to the story that what's been posted on this board and that's the way it should be. Whatever happened is the individuals' and team's internal business and it should remain that way.
Hats off to Coach Quinlan and the rest of the DF team on a fine season.

M
kick off
kick off
M
in response to Coach J and clemsonfan3, what kind of program has Quinlan built? He certainly has had the players, but hey he can't get the job done year in and year out. If you look at Irmo Savitz has turned average teams into state champions. Will you please stop giving him so much credit for having good teams.

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
Whether you like the "zero tolerance" rule or not it was mandated by the SCHSL this year. We had one langauge card this season and it was a red for abusive language directed at one of our own players.

Wayne was consistant, both times he had the problem he dealt with it the same way. I realize that DF was very good and maybe thought they should have gone further. Had they won would this even be a issue? If the referee gave a red like they are supposed to do would this be an issue? DF would have played with only 10 at Wando!

The criticism of DF's coach seems a bit shallow to me! Was there criticism when they beat Wando? Same team ,same coach!

DF's coach is well respected and to be critical of a coach with the record DF has had really comes across as just sour grapes. Congrats to DF on a great season and maybe everyone will learn a little from this issue!!

M
kick off
kick off
M
Woa woa woa Crabb, people may not have complained after the first Wando game, but that was a huge win for the program. The players won that game and to be honest have won all the games this year without a strong coach. If you asked any DF players whether they would rather play club for Adrian Pinasco or High School for Quinlan who do you think they would have picked. These kids have suffered because of the lack of a good strong leader for a coach.

J
Brace
Brace
J
RCates
Before you go on here blasting a coach in a public forum, maybe you should attempt to take care of what problems that you two have behind closed doors. You yourself have a reputation as not being the most level headed kind individual that you are attempting to protray on this board. Before you, or I go ahead and make it personal, I would suggest that you take this discussion elsewhere so that you and coach Quinlin can talk in private. This is not the place or the forum to be discussing such things. Be an adult and learn to discuss such things at the correct time and place. Having a son or two that are very good at soccer does not give you the right to act in certain ways.....

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
coach
coach
This is not the proper forum to discuss the issue of a coach or a HS program, or even the conduct of a player or his dad. Its not fair to all parties involved. I do not think this forum was meant to be used as a platform to oppose or condemn an individual person(s) or a HS soccer program. Its obvious there are personality issues here and they must be dealt with among reasonable people.

Page 22 of 33 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard