Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 33 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 32 33
M
kick off
kick off
M
everyone needs to back off RCates, you all are not involved in the situation and need to get off his back. The situation at DF is bad, really bad. And what team are you talking about for DF? Do you realize there is no team anymore? There will be 5 people returning next year if people decide to play. So i say good luck to Quinlan, let's see if he can win without that much talent. I'll go out on a limb and say he won't be able to do anything with them.

S
kick off
kick off
S
There's nothing worse than soccer players that won't play because of a coach. If you love the game and it's as bad as you say, you play despite the coach and keep your mouth shut. That's what real men do. Maybe this will open the door at DF for kids to play that WANT to play.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Very interesting... I Guess history repeats itself for the most part after all.

goal kick
goal kick
i agree with soccerfanman and even if you do want to play soccer still df is near chapin and is somehwat close to irmo.. two quality soccer schools if ure good you can play there with quality coaches...

M
kick off
kick off
M
and apparently that is what might happen to what's left of the returners. I have heard people are leaving to go play for premier coaches, which will hopefully give them a better experience than DF. And you know what, after 4 years of keeping the mouth shut, those DF seniors sure have every right to voice their opinions. They kept quiet for 4 years all for nothing.

World Cup
World Cup
MostDef (and others like you) -- I think it is you that needs to back off Coach Wayne Quinlan at Dutch Fork. This attack on him is totally uncalled for. As coaches, WE all know that we can and will be second-guessed and questioned -- much as I do with the coaches of my favorite teams! But, these particular personal "attacks" are unwarranted and certainly not called for in this forum.

Coach Quinlan has been a cornerstone of the soccer coaching profession in SC for more than 24 years. He has been active in the SCHSSCA, serving as President and currently heading the Columbia United FC "Clash of the Carolinas" NC/SC All-Star event. Coach Quinlan has always stood for all that is "right" in prep athletics and I am grateful to have worked with him, coached against him, and most importantly learned from him, over the past 15 years. I consider him a mentor and more importantly a friend and confidant.

I find it simply sad that folks have wanted to attack his character -- which is far above mine and most that I know!

I congratulate Dutch Fork on another outstanding season and wish Coach Quinlan and the Silver Foxes the very best in the future.

Y
throw in
throw in
Y
why is this thing a big deal anyway. no offense to cates, who i believe is their best player... but right when he came off is when DF became alot more dangerous. they had more chances in the last 12 minutes than they did the entire game.

AND YA KNOW DAT!!!
C
Coach Emeritus
Coach Emeritus
C
The S C H S L has a zero tolerance policy for profanity.All coachs were reminded of this at our rules meeting. It is disappointing that the Offical didn't make the correct call. It takes a man of principal to do what Wayne did. If anyone thinks that he didn't want to beat Wando they are sadley mistaken. I agree that it shouldn't be fought on the website, but Wayne followed the rules. We all have guidelines to follow and he did his job. This is the part of coaching that is very distastful when people try to tear others down.

Coach Dick Smith
M
kick off
kick off
M
you guys don't understand cates muttered it under his breath on the sideline. He did not cuss on the field, it is not what he was carded for.

B
throw in
throw in
B
If anyone would like to watch the video you can see that every player on the field heard the "under his breath" profanity. I was told be the keeper that he heard it from the other end of the field.

Page 24 of 33 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard