Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

Same for the Lexington vs. Northwestern game. Barring an Irmo or Dorman miracle I feel that winner of that game will represent the upper state.
I think the state championship will resemble the battle those two teams had the first game rather than the pounding NW put on them the second time.

I think everyone would agree that the P-Cup meeting involved some pounding, but not in the sense you imply. (3-2 isn't a pounding regardless of possession. NW deservedly won, but the game was never out of contention). NW and Lex did pound each other physically and mentally though, and the end result was each lost their game the next day. This third game will be huge and hard fought, and while an extra couple of days rest should help, Savitz is canny enough to pick up any resulting slowness or weakness and exploit it. IMO, that the winner of Lex/NW has to play Irmo as their next opponent is a large advantage to Irmo. (If they all make it to Saturday that is!

I didn't do it, but if I had you never would have known.
R
goal kick
goal kick
R
who_me,

I believe the pounding was referencing the second meeting between NW/DF (5-1). It says state championship, Lex/NW play 2 rounds before that.

goal kick
goal kick
I reread the post and you are probably right about it meaning DF. I still think that if NW and Lex meet a third time it's going to be a killer game that could leave the winner in less than top shape going into the next round. If thats Irmo they'll be ready.

I didn't do it, but if I had you never would have known.
S
bench
bench
S
Quote:

Don't forget about Hillcrest in Region 2. They will give Irmo a workout.

Yes, indeed Hilcrest did give Irmo's 2nd string players a workout as they were allowed to play in the 5 0 win. Not a very good prediction.

goal
goal
Ouch! That hurt.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard