2 minutes to go....

BE - 1
WHS - 0

goal kick
goal kick
Final....

Bishop England - 1
Waccamaw - 0

Great season for the young Waccamaw girls and congrats to the Bishops.....

goal kick
goal kick
FYI,

What a great group of young ladies... I am so happy for their accomplishments and we look forward to seeing them progress in the coming years…

Great Stuff Ladies!!!!!!!!

S
kick off
kick off
S
CS Fan

Your girls played tough tonight. They have had a great season and should be proud. Congrats to them!

Go Bishops!

L
bench
bench
L

questions - is be the only private school playing in schsl? if another private school had an interest in playing in schsl would it be allowed/

SCS

CC

this topic has been discussed for years. . .

Please enlighten me.....this is my first year in the SCHSL. What is the discussion over BE in 2A? Is it enrollment or is it a matter of private vs. public?

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

questions - is be the only private school playing in schsl? if another private school had an interest in playing in schsl would it be allowed/

SCS

CC

this topic has been discussed for years. . .

Please enlighten me.....this is my first year in the SCHSL. What is the discussion over BE in 2A? Is it enrollment or is it a matter of private vs. public?

Bishop England's enrollment makes them members of Class 2A -- same for Christ Church and Southside Christian of Class 1A, which participate in all sports sanctioned by the SCHSL.

L
bench
bench
L
So basically they are eligible to play in SCHSL because their enrollment is at a certain number. I can see where the debate comes in because to get their enrollment numbers they probably get to pull from a larger area compared to other 2A schools. Thanks for the explanation.

corner kick
corner kick
But one of the "complaints" about BE over the years has been that the "larger area from which to pull players" equates to them "recruiting". I can guarantee you that is not the case at CCES at present...at least not on the girl's side. Fewer students also means competition between sports for the better "athletes"....softball, track, soccer. The player has to decide what sport they enjoy most.
These teams are eligible to play in the SCHSL because they choose to and pay their dues to be a part of the SCHSL. Where they play (AA/A) has to do with total enrollment. CCES is technically a A school because of enrollment numbers. The boys team plays A. In girl's soccer there is a combined AA/A so they play there.
Word is that St. Joe's is considering a change to the SCHSL from SCISA. Not sure when/if it will happen, but they will do quite well if they make that leap.
CCES plays in the SCHSL because playing there offers more for their student athletes...in ALL sports. They don't play there just because it might afford them the possibility to win a HS League championship in one sport.

Fletch: It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am NOT a big man.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard