Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
F
bench
bench
F
the sign that said braves or cowards was the first thing i saw at chapin, before i even got in the gate and bought my ticket. how can you say the players have no sportsmanship when theyre being openly insulted like that. what would you have done? i think the most honest thing ive heard about this is the chapin player who admitted he would have been pissed off about it too. ill admit i graduated from socastee so it definately pissed me off. if you want to make signs limit them to your own team. ask the boys from chapin if that sign helped them at all. it only gave the socastee boys more motivation to win. it was classless. it wasnt even clever or tongue in cheek. it was a blatant insult and a bunch of 15 16 and 17 year old boys reacted like anyone else their age would have reacted in the heat of battle. they didnt shred the signs, the didnt throw them back in the fans and parents faces, they didnt stomp on them, they just tore them down. i seriously doubt the cheerleaders would have done anything different with the signs anyway. as for the game it was fun to watch, but kind of scrappy. simple fact is socastee finished and the "horrible" keeper came up with some good saves to keep chapin out. chapin played hard and even when it was 4-0 there were only a few frustration fouls, nothing too ugly. congratulations on a strong season and with four freshman and several sophomores starting good luck with the next few years, youve got a solid foundation to build on. good luck to my boys from socastee, wish i could be in columbia on saturday to see you guys play.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

the sign that said braves or cowards was the first thing i saw at chapin, before i even got in the gate and bought my ticket. how can you say the players have no sportsmanship when theyre being openly insulted like that. what would you have done? i think the most honest thing ive heard about this is the chapin player who admitted he would have been pissed off about it too. ill admit i graduated from socastee so it definately pissed me off. if you want to make signs limit them to your own team. ask the boys from chapin if that sign helped them at all. it only gave the socastee boys more motivation to win. it was classless. it wasnt even clever or tongue in cheek. it was a blatant insult and a bunch of 15 16 and 17 year old boys reacted like anyone else their age would have reacted in the heat of battle. they didnt shred the signs, the didnt throw them back in the fans and parents faces, they didnt stomp on them, they just tore them down. i seriously doubt the cheerleaders would have done anything different with the signs anyway. as for the game it was fun to watch, but kind of scrappy. simple fact is socastee finished and the "horrible" keeper came up with some good saves to keep chapin out. chapin played hard and even when it was 4-0 there were only a few frustration fouls, nothing too ugly. congratulations on a strong season and with four freshman and several sophomores starting good luck with the next few years, youve got a solid foundation to build on. good luck to my boys from socastee, wish i could be in columbia on saturday to see you guys play.

Was this a Chapin player at the game or one here on the board? If it was from this board, who was it?

C
bench
bench
C
You say that socastee shows no sportsman ship or class and we are trash but that couldnt be farther from the truth we have very good sportsmanship as coach memo suarez is very strict when it comes to showing class. But I know one thing if that game was hosted at socastee high school those signs never would have been displayed on our home side stadium or away noone would even make signs like that from our school because they know they would be taked down immedietly. THAT IS CLASS!!

corner kick
corner kick
Brave ....adventurous, audacious, ballsy, chin-up*, chivalrous, confident, courageous, daring, dashing, dauntless, defiant, doughty, fearless, firm, foolhardy, forward, gallant, game, gritty, gutsy, hardy, heroic, herolike, imprudent, indomitable, intrepid, lionhearted, manly, militant, nervy, plucky, reckless, resolute, skookum tumtum, spirited, spunky, stalwart, stout, strong, unabashed, unafraid, unblenching, undaunted, undismayed, unfearful, valiant, valorous, venturesome

Antonyms: afraid, cautious, cowardly, fainthearted, frightened, meek, mousy, timid

Eagle ....Eagles Fly

Antonyms: Crash

When the students are making game signs they often use Antonyms of their opponants mascot or mascot's character traits. Soc' fans...which of the list of Antonyms would you have preferred

How about "cautious"...That's got some punch

S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

You say that socastee shows no sportsman ship or class and we are trash but that couldnt be farther from the truth we have very good sportsmanship as coach memo suarez is very strict when it comes to showing class. But I know one thing if that game was hosted at socastee high school those signs never would have been displayed on our home side stadium or away noone would even make signs like that from our school because they know they would be taked down immedietly. THAT IS CLASS!!

This was my point exactly...well put.

C
bench
bench
C
It wouldnt have been as bad if the signs were posted on the chapin home side of the stadium then we never would have touched them but to put them directly in our faces what did you expect us to do. well there is one other way we wouldnt have touched them thats if yall won the game!!

kick off
kick off
I agree with Choc... why did the chapin administration allow those signs to go up... I mean BRAVES OR COWARDS! I know for a fact that if it was at Socastee there would have not been a sign not near as bad. Maybe a good luck Braves or Go Braves, but nothing to dis the other team. The signs were uncalled for to begin with and then to post on the visiting side so that way when the fans had to walk by them was just pushin it too far. I know that I was very upset as we warmed up and saw those signs going up. That just lit a fire in our hearts and helped us push ourselves to play that much better.

Last edited by Amus3916; 05/10/07 06:14 PM.

Umma Do Me, So Watch Me Do Me
S
throw in
throw in
S
If I were there, as a fan, I would have removed them immediately(regardless which side it was on)...the fact that Chapin officials allowed them to remain just shows what kind of school they run.

P
bench
bench
P
The signs were on the visitor’s side so the chapin fans could see them from the stands. If they were placed on the home side then they would be directly in view for the socastee team and fans. So the location of the signs really has nothing to do with the problem. And finally the game was full of emotion so we should just drop the discussion of "class" and signs, because it really doesn’t matter anymore. Good job chapin on a succesful season and good luck to socastee.

And SHSsoccer how truly ignorant can you be, as to bash “chapin officials” and "what kind of school they run" for the signs. If the signs offended you that bad, please take up another sport like...cheerleading, but wait...no that wouldn’t work because they were the ones that made the signs, and that would be terrible if you had to put up with that "OH SO CRUEL AND THREATENING SCHOOL SPIRIT" every day.

kick off
kick off

i agree with you on the fact that it doesnt matter anymore, we should just drop the discussion of sportsmanship and class all together. Congrats Chapin on a good season and good luck socastee on representing the lower state on sat.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard