World Cup
World Cup
Rise above it.

S
bench
bench
S
wando and lexington played great games.
wando won AND stayed classy under pressure.

D
bench
bench
D
WANDO ROCKS!

cant wait till yall see the video of what REALLY happened
and that only 12 players were on the field for less than 2 minutes!

S
kick off
kick off
S
I would like to congratulate the Woodruff and BE players for their sportsmanship. After their game, and the ensuing celebration by BE and the understandable disappointment from the Woodruff girls, the two teams drifted to the middle to shake hands. Two Woodruff players were still sitting on the field, visibly upset, and after the BE girls shook hands with the Woodruff players who lined up, they went to the girls still sitting on the field and spoke to them and patted them on the back. In no way do I feel the Woodruff girls were being disrespectful - they were caught up in the moment. I was very proud of the BE girls for realizing that they were not being disrespectful and for going to them to congratulate them on making it to the State game.

Good luck to the BE and Woodruff seniors.

World Cup
World Cup
I think the Lexington parental posters deserve credit. It's very, very, very hard to see a child hurt and be treated unfair...and hold one's tongue. There has been more than adequate time to get on here are rip the officials and rant and rave and drag so many different people down...but they don't. That takes great restraint and class. They should be commended for the example they are showing. Well done, fellas.

goal kick
goal kick
I think the fans from both Wando and Lexington need to be applauded (here me out). Big crowd, alot of noise fun atmoshpere which is what high school soccer has been missing. Yes it got ugly but i also want to futher say that after some one tossed bottles on the field the lex students (yelled at, called out, repremanded) how ever you want to say it that student (a freshmen from what i understand). i thought that was good!

To play the game is good, to win the game is great, to LOVE the game is the greatest!
world cup
world cup
Lex parents silence speaks volumes. I think they are sitting back and taking the whole thing in, rather than acting on passion. It certainly is difficult to see your kids lose a championship match.....often much tougher on the parents and coaches than it is on the players.

Chin up.......you had a great year.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
World Cup
World Cup
Parental silence broken...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard