Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
Ok, for everyone not there or didn't know what was going on.
please read this.
Wando is up 1-0 with 12ish minutes left in the 2nd half, the lexington fans realized that Wando had 12 players on the field. After yelling for about 6ish minutes, the ref blew the whistle. The clock did not stop. There is much arguing and cards are flying everywhere. The clock finally stops with 2:06 left. The AR on the side of the teams said that all of the substitions were good, which means that Wando had 12 players the entire half. The game continues with 2:06 left (no time is given back) and Wando wins. I have heard,uncomfirmed, that the penalty for this is a PK.No PK was given. I would like anyone to give their thoughts or input on this matter. Sad night for Lexington.

Nobody asks to be a hero, it just sometimes turns out that way.
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
What a sad way to end the season. I would love for someone in the know to tell me what the penalty is for having too many players on the field. Referees?

W
bench
bench
W
You have not told the entire truth. The game was stopped at the time the Wando coach got the 4th ref's attention that she had too many players on the field. It was not stopped due to the Lex coach pointing this out or due to the ref's hearing you yell out "too many players". The Wando coach did this herself.

P
bench
bench
P
the wando coach did nothing about it until after lexington fans and coaches started complaining.

pressure is nothing more than the shadow of great opportunity
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
True.

Last edited by AlbinoGrassFairy; 05/12/07 02:20 AM.

P
bench
bench
P
it was still a disaster and a terrible way for the state game to end.

pressure is nothing more than the shadow of great opportunity
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
it was a disgrace to the game. For a state championship to be like that.

W
bench
bench
W
Actually, play2win, the Lex coaches complaining did not cause Wando's coach to self report this mistake!!! Please tell the truth. Wouldn't have they told the ref's themselves????? Also, if I were a Lex fan, I would have made sure that if I noticed such an error, that I would make sure that the Lex coaches knew about it so that the game could be stopped. Why wait for the opposing coach to hear your complaints and self report the issue?? Your argument just doesn't add up.

throw in
OP Offline
throw in
actually DFFan. the lexington coach did report the "mistake". The ref did nothing until the Wando coach said something. I saw the entire thing.

throw in
OP Offline
throw in
and by the way.
"An athlete is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules..."-SCHSL
yea well that didn't really happen tonight.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard