Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
W
bench
bench
W
Actually, the Wando coach was at midfield and was making her point to the 4th ref John Tanverdi that there were too many Wando players on the field. The Lex coach was not doing this - if he noticed this error then maybe he should have done what the Wando coach did to stop the game.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
OK lets not play games here this is what I saw

1- With about 5 minutes to play Wando made a sub.
2- the 4th official Mr Tanverdi ( a ref assessor) said the sub was good
3- fans started yelling that there were 12 players on the field. this went on for abour 2 minutes
4- Wando coach tells 4th official game stops with 2:06

First lets look at Wando.
1- Wando won the game in the first 10 minutes after that they did what they had to do
2- the Wando coach worked the clock by subbing numerous times. This is a strategy applied worldwide
3- The fact that she told the 4th official does not exonerate her, as she is responsible for knowing what players are in and out. After all she called the sub

The officials
1- Mr Tanverdi should give whatever pay he received back. and should be stripped of whatever status he has. This was his job and in this stage it should not be this huge a mistake
2- The crew had no clue how long Wando played with 12 or who was the 12th for that matter.
3- called correctly so, kick , yellow card to the offending player ( I think the picked the captain simply because they did not know who was the culprit). Incorrectly because of HS stupid rules, no time was added on as it would have in any other game when there is time wasting.

So lexington lost the game, The midfield conference took the wind out of the sails they had generated. Would it have made a difference...IMO probably no if it was only a couple of minutes...but noone seems to know how long Wando played with 12

The hardest thing is the players, you cannot convince a player who gave everything that there was some serious issue in the way the game was played

Lex coach - obviously upset should have been more of a leader... (easy to say from the stands)

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G

in simple terms, aren't the officials supposed to periodically count players for both teams? I've seen them do this at other games.

I would think the entire officiating crew should be suspended for at least three months next season.

Unfortunately for Lexington the SCHSL will listen and anything because to do so would be too much work.

Maybe the trpohy should be engraved - "Won with 12 players".

What a joke

P
bench
bench
P
what a terrible way to end. refs should definately be punished.

pressure is nothing more than the shadow of great opportunity
G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
assuming the high school league has video of the game they should be able to determine where the 12th player came in and the game should be replayed from that point on sunday afternoon, following issuance of a yellow card to Wando coach and a PK for Lexington.

L
throw in
throw in
L
Yeah would be nice but it will not happen

corner kick
corner kick
From what I hear from everyone, it sounds like the fault goes around to everyone there.

The fourth ref should have immediately noticed that there was a substitution in without someone coming out.

The Wando coach should have kept track of her players coming on and off the field and not have waited to see if Lexington would do something before doing so herself.

The Lexington coach should have gotten up immediately and gone to the fourth referee and told them, calmly, that there are 12 opposing players on the field. (The impression I get, correct me if I'm wrong, is that the Lex coach stood at the sideline and just complained loudly, hoping the refs would notice).

The Wando players should have noticed they had an extra player and said something, especially the captains and even moreso the player that came in as it is usually required that they wait for their man to come off or be heading off before they run on.

The Lexington players should have noticed and immediately had their captain tell the center ref, calmly, "Hey, I think they have 12 players, when you get a chance, please count."

The center ref should have been paying attention at the substitutions to make sure that subs did not enter the field until the exiting player was identified and making their way from the field or off of the field entirely.

The sideline and center refs should have seen or heard the crowd and taken a quick moment to count, even if it was when the ball went out of bounds.

Unfortunately for everyone, it's hard to pay specific attention in the midst of an adrenaline filled game and even moreso at the end of the season's biggest game, whether you're winning or losing, and it's often hard to hear the crowd when you're focused on the game. Logically, to me, the answer would have been to add the minutes on the clock that were lost with 12 up (it sounds like it happened at the final substitution) and play them fairly eleven aside; but then I was not there and did not see what happened and how exactly the added player affected the game.

This is an awful cap to a great season for two teams and is something that will taint the championship for both the seniors that won and those that lost.

I too have plenty of experience losing games due to one crucial referee decision--or lack of one--however, as I remind the girls I coach now, you had 75 (or whatever number is appropriate) other minutes to put a score up on that board that would have negated the referee's mistake.

Soccer, unfortunately, is a game where, ultimately, all that really matters to win at the end of the game is that you scored more goals than your opponent did. If you can't get it done in the time you have, whether it's 50, 60, 80, or 90 minutes--or even overtime and pks--then you don't win. Knowing that, deep down, always sucked for me because it was hard to accept that we could have made sure that a mistake didn't lose us the game...but I always had to accept that it was true; we had shots we didn't connect, didn't take...defensive mistakes we did make, blocks we didn't get.

I applaud the efforts of both the Wando and Lexington players and all the time, energy, and passion they put into this season. Both were deserving of making it to the title game and I'm sure both sides played their hearts out. All I can say to them is to take heart in that you played 150% and you played with your heart. Whether you won or lost, dwelling on it won't help when (it sounds like, at least) there's nothing left that can be done.

Take pride in yourself and your team for playing hard. May your seniors move on to a memorable college experience with or without soccer, and may your underclassmen be fueled to success next season.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G

>>>Yeah would be nice but it will not happen<<<

it will be very interesting to se if the league can find its spine on this one.

L
throw in
throw in
L
Anyone want to see class. Read what adidaskitten86 wrote. Not sure what team you coach but I would love for my little girl to be coached by someone like yourself.

L
throw in
throw in
L
I wish they could but even if they do replay the last 5 min of the game. Lets say Lexington scores 2 goals and wins. Do you really think that would be fare to the other team. Come back 2 days later when you are fully loaded and see if you can score. I am thinking let it be. Trust me I wanted LHS to win I played for them in 91,92, & 93. But the game is over.

Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard