Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15
kick off
kick off
it was at the end of the 2nd half and the ar said that all the subs were legal so either wando had twelve on the field the whole time or either the ar cant count worth a flip and seriously how hard is it to count up to 12 if you cant see that then you dont need to be a ref and champ was yelling at the ref that there were 12 players but that was after lexington caught hold of it and after the refs ignore the sidelines and what anyone has to say and it went like that most of the game

Never Give Up, Never Surrender!!!!
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
tlrcamo, you are a way off base. It is unfortunate that 12 players were on the field, but it was not intentional and it was a few minutes. It was brought to the attention of the refs by Wando, not Lexington. Maybe if the Lex coach hadn't been such a jerk there wouldn't have been so much time off the clock. Wando outplayed Lex the entire game. The only thing I'll give the DERAILED pain train is they have great dribbling skills. Other than that, they are dirty players and the refs ignored most of it! Wando players did not flick off anyone and Lex taunted the wando goalie all night. During presentations to Lex, Wando fans and players applauded the entire time. When the STATE CHAMPIONS were being recognized, the LEX team huddled together and did not applaud Wando. Wando outplayed Lexington tonight and deserve to be STATE CHAMPIONS. GO WANDO!! CHOO CHOO

kick off
kick off
No soccer05 you need to get it right you cant cheat and win and yea it is unfortunate and i bet wando would be raisin heck over it if it was the other way around but lexington keeps track of their players and fryland is not a jerk and far from it he is a great coach and you dont know him so dont hate and lex pointed out the mistake b4 wando did and the wando was the one pulling the jersies and pushing and the ref def ignored it but if a lex player even thought about it the refs called it!!!!!! get your facts straight and your head out of your butt because it was the WANDO KEEPER that was taunting lex players and punching and kicking lex people in the box watch the video of the game when it comes out there's proof. and lexignton was praying we had to calm our nerves when you have horrible refs and you lose to a team who cheated there should have been time added on and no wando DOES NOT DESERVE THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! they are not worthy of the title. good job to the lexington girls for a well fought game yall should have won. and just watch out the pain train will be back next year chugga chugga chugga chugga choo choo

Never Give Up, Never Surrender!!!!
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Watch the video cameo, then see who's got the facts straight. Like I said, it is unfortunate there were 12 players on the field for about 2 minutes. And no, I wouldn't like it either. Just like I didn't like all the cheap fouls against Wando that weren't called. Video will show that, too.
It really hurts to lose when you were so obnoxious. You've tried to intimidate the #1 team in the state all week with your stupid pain train. Lex won't even be in the finals next year.

S
kick off
kick off
S
first off...lexingtons coach is not a jerk..i had the privladge to play for him for four years(02-06) and he is far from being a jerk...he believed his girls deserved a fair chance at the game...and it seems each year the officiating gets worse and worse and for a state championship game you'd think they would have decent refs?? both teams worked hard tonight. wando just got an early goal that slid past the lexington keeper...lexington had many times they could have gotten the tie breaker..they just couldnt find the back of the net. it just sucks that it ended the way it did, but congrats on a great season lady cats!

S
kick off
kick off
S
soccer05, why such hate against lexington?? "they wont even be in the finals next year" ?? and wando will?? lexington has had a solid team for the past couple of years((made it to upperstate 3 outta the past 5 years, once after graduating like 11 seniors the year before...)) and yea they are graduating like 6 or 7 players but thats never hurt them in the past...they will have like 13 seniors next year and should continue to do well...

C
Coach
Coach
C
I wasn't at the game tonight, but I have to weigh in on this...and this is coming from a coach who has lost to Wando on many occasions over the last few years. In all the times we have played Wando or I have watched their matches, I have never seen any indication of any unsportsmanlike behavior, much less intentional breaking of the rules, from their team or coach. Rather than fostering resentment, they are a group that my developing team aspires to be like, and respect among teenage girls--especially from girls who have just been beaten on the field--is not easy to come by. I cannot believe Coach Champ would have intentionally done anything to cheat or otherwise mar the game. I know how much tension is involved here, and it's hard to come so close and fall short, but I hate to see a hard-fought match result in so much resentment and name-calling. There was an error made, which was ultimately the responsibility of the officials to monitor. Both teams are deserving, but Wando got the ball in the net, and a subbing error that no one can even determine the length of shouldn't take that away. To say that Wando doesn't deserve the championship is to say that 5 minutes or less of error negates an entire season of talent and effort.

I've got good news and bad news...
World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

ok so i would like to say from the sidelines that we were trying to tell the refs for a good 10 min that wando had 12 players on the field and they refused to listen they ignored lexington almost the whole game. also the wando keeper, if you watch, she would punch,kick, and say things to lexignton girls and guess what happened a lexington player gets a yellow card for it and a wando player PUNCHED a lexington girl in the chest and the center ref and the AR, who was right there, saw it and she only got a yellow card. if i remember correctly that is an automatic red card. and to add on to everything the wando keeper is makin fun of lexington, bc we're crying for getting cheated out of the championship, some of the wando girls were FLICKING OFF lexington as we were getting our awards. so i would just like to say that wando has no class first they win by cheating and then they have the guts to flick us off and stuff ... its just not right and i have lost all respect for them and their coach and i definately hate the center refs for blowing everything lexington has worked so hard for.

and just a couple of minutes could definately made a difference bc if i remember correctly, and please tell me if i am wrong, but wando won against DF w/ only 3min left in the 2nd OT. so it does make a difference and the video of the game should be reviewed and i think there should atleast be a rematch on sunday if it is shown that for most or all of the 2nd half that wando did have 12 players on the field

I've heard anywhere from 5 minutes to 15 minutes of having 12 people on the field. More say 5-8, but I wasn't there. I would like to congratulate Wando on beating Lexington for all but the last 10 minutes or so of the game. I also feel terrible for the Wildcats for not knowing "what might have been". If they hadn't scored in 90% of the game, they probably wouldn't have scored in the last few minutes...but you never know with a team of that caliber. I hope the blame moves towards the official and not all the slander on the Wando girls. I'm sure a few of them could come on and point out some things they did not care for.

We've had some memorable matches the past few years in playoffs...

Maudlin vs West Ashley, "The Case of the Mystery Jersey"
Lexington vs Dorman, "The Midfield Misunderstanding"
Irmo vs Dorman "Time Expired...or not?"
Lexington vs Wando "Substitutiongate"

Nobody likes to lose. I forsee nothing changing about the outcome, and that really is an injustice, so enjoy learning a difficult life lesson that you will use over, and over, and over again. Life isn't fair...thank goodness.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
The key here is that
1- nobody knew what the penalty for the infraction was, it took them a good 10 min to decide
2- there is no recourse for the complaint, time should have been added on, but how much?

I personally do not think it was the whole 2nd half, I also believe that although possible a bunkered Wando was not going to give anything up... for the record there was a lot more noise at the end of the 2nd half on near the Wando box.

Whoever said that Lexington did not dominate does not know the game. However Wando scored a nice legitimate goal in the first 10 minutes and had no shots for the rest of the game.

The hardest part is how do you tell a competitive athlete that her work for the whole game would not have changed the outcome. You cannot, they will believe forever and a day that they were cheated and could have been diferent. It is normal human emotion, heck we would not be on this board if we all agrreed on everything.

It is unfortunate that Wando's win will have this aura.

To the SCHSL powers... read Floriday's comments:
One error.... we are all human butr a pattern is a pattern, isn't this part of problem solving taught in schools? this is no longer an error

Last edited by futbol(soccer); 05/12/07 12:01 PM.
W
bench
bench
W
First of all, what a shame there has to be such controversy. It sounds like both teams played their hearts out. Evidently, from what I've read, the players and coaches were able to leave it on the pitch, why can't the fans?

Secondly, does having 12 players for 2 minutes (2.5% of the match) really sway the outcome? Afterall, Lexington had 78 other minutes (77.5% of the match) to score or prevent a score.

I don't think anything should be taken away from the girls. Both teams should be very proud of their accomplishment and hold their heads high.

Congratulations to both Lexington and Wando!

By the way, the correct call would be to caution the illegal player and the restart would depend on the situation when play was stopped. i.e. if Lex had possession, it would be an indirect free kick for Lex. If Wando had a throw in, the restart would be a throw in for Wando.

Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard