Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
T
bench
bench
T
Let's bottom line this whole thing. Wando scored and Lexington didn't. Wando may have had an extra player on the field for a minute or two, but Lexington did too, he was wearing a blue coach's shirt and throwing water bottles! Coach Champ would never have brought the extra player to the refs attention if she had done it on purpose. We all know it was less than a few minutes she was out there. Lex had the other 70plus minutes to score! Be good sports, Lex, you had a great season and played a great game! He was all over the sidelines acting out WAY before the few minutes of controversy. I am proud of the way the Lex players responded to their coaches inappropriate behavior by pulling him off the field, it is a shame the kids had to take control of adults mistakes. I congratulate them on a great game. Your ball skills are excellent and I think the refs are responsible for letting the emotions get too out of control before they tried to get the game back under hand. Shame on the system for not having adequate officiating at this level of play. Let the girls enjoy their well deserved victories: the best two teams in the state of SC! I hope the adults will do a better job from here on out!!!!!!! Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!

W
bench
bench
W

yes for just that long it could make a different because we had free kicks and corners and to have 12 people marking up on our players, no there should only be 11, all of our players were marked and 2 was on the person with the ball. if we had that one person off thats one less defender it really could have made a difference and when wando had a free kick all our players would have a mark but for some odd reason the girl back post would be open

Yes, it COULD have made a difference, but in a 2 minute span the probabilities are very, very slim.

N
bench
bench
N
To hurst and whoever else may doubt them:

The lexington soccer girls DID shake hand after the game. You have no right to question their sportsmanship. Also, they are not responsible for their coach's actions; and just to clear things up even more, coach fryland did go back to wando's coach and shake her hand and apologize for the way he acted in the heat of the moment.

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

No soccer05 you need to get it right you cant cheat and win and yea it is unfortunate and i bet wando would be raisin heck over it if it was the other way around but lexington keeps track of their players and fryland is not a jerk and far from it he is a great coach and you dont know him so dont hate and lex pointed out the mistake b4 wando did and the wando was the one pulling the jersies and pushing and the ref def ignored it but if a lex player even thought about it the refs called it!!!!!! get your facts straight and your head out of your butt because it was the WANDO KEEPER that was taunting lex players and punching and kicking lex people in the box watch the video of the game when it comes out there's proof. and lexignton was praying we had to calm our nerves when you have horrible refs and you lose to a team who cheated there should have been time added on and no wando DOES NOT DESERVE THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! they are not worthy of the title. good job to the lexington girls for a well fought game yall should have won. and just watch out the pain train will be back next year chugga chugga chugga chugga choo choo

So angry...and hateful. I hope you and the girls do come back in 2008 and get that title. You've got all the motivation you need.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
soccerball27.... never did I say that Wando outright cheated. What I said and what should have happened was that time should have been added on...PERIOD. But HS rules do not allow.

Now lets talk about holding people to a higher standard... I do not agree with coach's actions on either side (more later).

There simply is no recourse in SCHSL for referee behavior/performance

1-Foul language... what is definition? I have seen players red carded for using the word "freaking", yet someone drops the F bomb and nothing.
2- Accountability, who grades the referees? Assessors? the state USSF assessor is the one who screwed up in the game, during those 80 minutes it is his job...he is getting paid for performance. In the "real world" you or I would either get fired or demoted for incompetance. What about here?

3-Some of these refs are unable to keep up with play.

Tanverdi was drawn by the hard fought game he was viewing and forgot to do his job...Period.

Coaches have started practices one day too early and they are fired, what about here?

Lastly the rules, there is a reason FIFA rules are what they are, They are tried and proven.

enough with stupid OTs in season a tie is a tie, enough with the official clock on the scoreboard (ditto in college). (By the way why was time in every game in the season kept on the field but not the championship?)

There was a major screw up one for which they had no answer (10 minutes of discussion) would you not think it incompetent? They had to bring the SCHSL people to determine the outcome.

I believe that Wando did what they had to do. Lexington had the rest of the game to do the same they did not.

But as a stated before how do you tell the player that it may not have matter, you cannot...THIS IN NO WAY MEANS THAT WANDO CHEATED....PERIOD

COACHES.... Lex's coach got carried away and should have been a better leader, When he received the yellow his point that he was not happy was made, it is at this time that his leadership should have surfaced (easy from the stands)

Wando's....She did nothing wrong(?), she subbed to slow the game (I would the same). But when player X did not report to the sideline she should have made it a point to get her off the field. Some will say she did by telling the 4th official, but this was much later than the period of time that player was on the field.

End result

1- Wando is champion ....Period
2- Lex Coach is red carded for his antics... period
3- Wando coach should have been yellow carded for unsportman behavior
4- Mr Tanverdi returns the pay he received at the field...donate it to the North/South game if you wish
5- Mr Tanverdi is stripped of his assessor level
6- The officiating crew is removed from future (next year) playoff games
7- A more severe penalty should exist for the next occurence the correct call on the field simply is not enough to prevent future occurrences. The punishement is not fit for the crime.

It is now multiple years in a row with controversy in the finals. Irmo vs S.Aiken did it cross the line?

Or better yet.... Irmo vs Dorman... did the ball cross the line before time ran out? I am willing to bet if the center referee would have added time for every time he issued a yellow card, that one second would have created a tied game....but he is not allowed to add time.

This is not football (excuse me American football)or basketball where they have more breaks than my kids need to go to the bathroom in a long trip. The game is (1) meant to be constant movement and (2) full 90 minutes (or 80 or whatever time frame)

It is a player's game not a referee's game.

And by the way.... in this day and age of wireless everything, can you really tell me that there is no way for the center to stop the scoreboard clock when necessary instead of the one second lag between time keeper and ref.
Or simply do the right thing and put in his hands and he can tell the 4th official how much time he is adding on at the 2 minute mark (as is done everywhere else)

Last edited by futbol(soccer); 05/12/07 07:02 PM.
goal kick
goal kick
good stuff futbol(soccer) i think now we are all going in circles and never going to be resovled.
Wando people i think you need to understand the way they lexington people feel at this point. Think about how you would have reacted if roles where reversed. Their is going to be that resentment but congrats on the win

Lexington people need to congratulate their girls on an awsome season and not on attacking Wando!

I have my opinions on how it went down and its a dark spot on the whole season (and some players careers) and will be for a long time. Again i really think the SCHSL needs to look into this game and evalute thier officals!!!

To play the game is good, to win the game is great, to LOVE the game is the greatest!
World Cup
World Cup
At least there are worst things in life that can happen. Losing a loved one, living in a civil war torn country, heck - we just had a 3 year old fall out of a moving car and get run over and killed her in Anderson. Praise God we have the opportunity to play the game.

coach
coach
All of these accusations and allegations between the teams' fans serve no purpose except to harm the game of soccer. We should respect and applaud the efforts of all our athletes, no matter the results.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G

futbol and 2004 -

the problem with all that you say is two fold.

First this kind of childish unprofessional error by the referees (not counting players or keeping written records for substitutions) RUINS the integrity of the process. To your point, a coach puts a team on the field a day early and gets fired.

Second - while the league is clueless on this, they have reversed the red card on SV keeper and he plays tonight.

You can't do that and ignore this and claim you have it under control.

And make no mistake these are good athletes. The governing body needs to be much better at providing these athletes the environment they need to compete.

throw in
throw in
After reviewing the Lex-Wando game video multiple times, these are the facts:

1. At a Goalkick, Wando subs 2 players and only 1 came off the field

2. When the Referee blew the whistle to restart the play, there was 3:17 left on the clock

3. Apprx. 20 seconds later, Coach Champ realizes that there are 12 on the field and approaches the AR

4. The Lexington Coach was on the Bench and apparently not aware of the 12th player at this point

5. After Champ notified the AR, the Center Ref stopped the game clock at 2:06.

6. The video clearly shows that for 1:11 - One minute and Eleven seconds - Wando had one too many players on the field.

It is unfortunate that this occurred, but it was not of the duration that many have stated.

Let's focus on the positives - both teams played hard, and there were no injuries. Good luck to all the girls on both teams.

Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard