Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
coach
coach
That is the first definitive statement on the actual time frame of the violation and the surrounding circumstances. If the violation lasted only 1:11, then there should not be such an uproar among all involved. The player was properly issued a yellow card. Any further argument should have ended there. That is not a sufficient reason for the Lex. coach to conduct himself to the extent that he received a red. All this over 1:11 ??
Did the Lexington team not have 89 other minutes in which to score?

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Madness thank you for your comment that is about the time frame I had in mind all along 1.5 minutes. I still believe the circumstances a the time would most likely not change the outcome. But I still stand on my comments about accountability

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
FutbolMadness

you speak of the official SCHSL video tape?

world cup
world cup
needforspeed,

I DO have a right to question sportsmanship, whenever it is not properly carried out on the field. I didn't accuse LEX of not shaking hands, it takes two to tango.

As I disclaimed earlier, I wasn't at the match. If the post-game shaking of hands took place, I apologize, I'm off base. I had read earlier that it didn't happen.

I did see where the Lex coach congratulated the Wando coach later on. I understand there were a lot of emotions spent in that match. Better late than never.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
throw in
throw in
S
After Lex Coach's public accusation (to his team) of Wando playing with 12 players for the whole half - and then letting his girls' believe it and say it to the press - He should issue a public apology and make sure The State paper print it as prominently as they did the original article.

P
throw in
throw in
P
What do you mean "public accusation"? The Lexington coach was talking to his team. If anybody should apologize here it's the Wando coach for not making sure the kids she sent in were matched by kids coming off the field. And maybe the officials for not doing the same. Getting upset at the State paper for getting facts wrong is like geting upset at the sun for rising in the east.

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
I understand the passions of all the Players & Supporters in this match, but the reporting by the 'STATE' flies in the face of what good journalism is all about. Just look at the HEADLINES of the articles, and please read and compare them both to the Society of Professional Journalists, CODE OF ETHICS. Steve Wiseman and his Editor at the 'STATE' are terrible jounalists and owe the South Carolina community an apology for their inflammitory reporting.

Tempers flare in Warriors' victory Class AAAA Girls' Soccer, Charleston Post Courier (subscription), SC - 17 hours ago

A dirty dozen?, The State, SC - 18 hours ago

Society of Professional Journalists, CODE OF ETHICS
Preamble
Members of the Society of Professional Journalists believe that public enlightenment is the forerunner of justice and the foundation of democracy. The duty of the journalist is to further those ends by seeking truth and providing a fair and comprehensive account of events and issues. Conscientious journalists from all media and specialties strive to serve the public with thoroughness and honesty. Professional integrity is the cornerstone of a journalist's credibility. Members of the Society share a dedication to ethical behavior and adopt this code to declare the Society's principles and standards of practice.

Seek Truth and Report It
Journalists should be honest, fair and courageous in gathering, reporting and interpreting information. Journalists should:
— Test the accuracy of information from all sources and exercise care to avoid inadvertent error.
— Diligently seek out subjects of news stories to give them the opportunity to respond to allegations of wrongdoing.
— Identify sources whenever feasible. The public is entitled to as much information as possible on sources' reliability.
Make certain that headlines, news teases and promotional material, photos, video, audio, graphics, sound bites and quotations do not misrepresent. They should not oversimplify or highlight incidents out of context.
— Tell the story of the diversity and magnitude of the human experience boldly, even when it is unpopular to do so.
— Examine their own cultural values and avoid imposing those values on others.
— Support the open exchange of views, even views they find repugnant.
— Give voice to the voiceless; official and unofficial sources of information can be equally valid.
— Distinguish between advocacy and news reporting. Analysis and commentary should be labeled and not misrepresent fact or context.

Minimize Harm
Ethical journalists treat sources, subjects and colleagues as human beings deserving of respect. Journalists should:
— Show compassion for those who may be affected adversely by news coverage. Use special sensitivity when dealing with children and inexperienced sources or subjects.
— Be sensitive when seeking or using interviews or photographs of those affected by tragedy or grief.
— Recognize that gathering and reporting information may cause harm or discomfort. Pursuit of the news is not a license for arrogance.
— Show good taste. Avoid pandering to lurid curiosity.

Act Independently
Journalists should be free of obligation to any interest other than the public's right to know. Journalists should:
—Avoid conflicts of interest, real or perceived.
— Remain free of associations and activities that may compromise integrity or damage credibility.
— Be vigilant and courageous about holding those with power accountable.
— Deny favored treatment to special interests and resist their pressure to influence news coverage.

Be Accountable
Journalists are accountable to their readers, listeners, viewers and each other. Journalists should:
— Clarify and explain news coverage and invite dialogue with the public over journalistic conduct.
— Encourage the public to voice grievances against the news media.
— Admit mistakes and correct them promptly.
— Expose unethical practices of journalists and the news media.
— Abide by the same high standards to which they hold others.

Soccer is simple, but it is difficult to play simple.
N
bench
bench
N
Hurst,

How would you know if sportsmanship was 'properly carried out on the field' if you werent even there ??

And just to let you know, it was.

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
swimmer2,

You really don't know what you are talking about . . . you would be better suited to staying quiet before you are proved to be a fool.

Brace
Brace
Those of you who were at the game can answer my question....

Yes, we are talking about supposedly 1:11. However, what were the events prior to and during that 1:11?

Did Lexington have the majority of possession and then did the Wando sub situation allow Wando to get out from under the pressure and maintain possession of their own?

If we are only talking about 1:11, but my question is correct, then that 1:11 made a huge difference. For those of you who say "it's only 1:11", then please let your opponents play your team 12 v 11 for 1:11 of the game when the other coach feels it's needed.

Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard