Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
goal kick
goal kick
A dirty dozen?, The State, SC - 18 hours ago

looks good to me

Im tired of chasin my dreams Im just goin to ask 'em where theyre goin and hook up with 'em later
S
throw in
throw in
S
To Deahler -
See quote from article below:
-----------------------------------------
A dirty dozen?
Lexington cries foul after Wando uses too many players
By STEVE WISEMAN - swiseman@thestate.com

GERRY MELENDEZ/GMELENDEZ@THESTATE.COM
Lexington's Emily Adams walks away dejected after a tough 1-0 loss to Wando in the Class 4A soccer championship game at Eugene E. Stone Stadium on Friday.
Photo gallery | Girls soccer championships

The scoreboard showed Lexington High had an uphill battle for the final 69 minutes of Friday’s Class 4A girls state soccer championship game.

Someone astute enough to count the players on the field would have determined the real battle the Wildcats faced.

Wando captured the state championship with a 1-0 win, courtesy of Olivia Urig’s first-half goal and the team’s admitted use of an illegal extra player during the second half.

Wando coach Shannon Champ claimed the 12th player was in for less than a minute, but Lexington coach Chris Fryland — who received a red card for his vehement argument with the officials — told his players it was for the entire second half.
----------------------------------------------------

It is a real easy to act sophmorish and get into name calling. I made a pledge to LPAF yrs ago to not do that.

world cup
world cup
need,

Thanks for the correction. I apologize, I had bad information. Glad both teams got together to wish eachother well. Tough circumstances for all, great result for Wando. Upperstate will have to try and wrestle it back next year.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
throw in
throw in
S
t6lrcam, AGF, P2W09, kick_ball, spacemanspiff

Any comments about your false statements?

C
Goal
Goal
C
I'm glad somebody has viewed the tape and noticed the 12 person was on the field for just over a minute. The assertion by the LEX coach and players that Wando played the whole 2nd half with twelve was a joke.

goal kick
goal kick
Umm swimmer find my "flase statements" then ill make a comment!!

To play the game is good, to win the game is great, to LOVE the game is the greatest!
S
throw in
throw in
S
Here you go kick_ball:

yours of 10:11 am

"From my vantage point the lexington bench did try to get both the RA and the center refs attention for along while. It was until the lex crowd noticed the 12 did the Wando coach then try get the RA attention."

Is the 20 seconds it took Coach Champ to speak to ref or the 1:11 it took the ref to stop play - "along awhile" ?

p.s.- what is a "flase"?

Last edited by swimmer2; 05/13/07 02:12 AM.
T
goal kick
goal kick
T
That was thought to be true only during the brief discussion while cards were flying and only because lexington coaches rightfully told 4th official he wasn't doing his job when he replied."there has been a legal exchange with each sub." Lexington coach replied "your telling me they've had 12 this whole half!" 4th official "of course not coach!" No further explanation was given. I think the State paper took a lot of liberty. Look at the quote the Charleston paper had from him total opposites. He did not say that to the girls after the game.

S
throw in
throw in
S
TrueFan,
I reached my conclusion after reading the Charleston article as well as State Paper. Here is quote attributed to Lex player
"A couple of Lexington players contended that Wando played almost the entire second half with 12 players on the field.

"The whole second half they had 12 players on the field, but we didn't give up," Allie Johns said. "It was 0-0 in the second half, so I'm proud of my team. It's tough to lose when you lose like that."
-------------------------------------------------------
It may be that both papers did not do a good job of reporting whole story. I know another poster knew code of ethics for reporters better than I .

T
bench
bench
T
I cannot believe all the false accusations the Wando girls have had to endure based on one minute and eleven seconds that the fourth referee took to watch the game instead of doing his job. Now that the truth is out, the Lex coach should do the right thing and publicly set the record straight.Have the false accusations publicly corrected. Let the Wando girls rightfully rise from the cloud of suspicion created unfairly. Without a public correction they will never have their rightful place as state champions. Lex is a great team! So is Wando! Please set the record straight and we will all look forward to a good, real season next year, without the drama.

Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard