Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Those of you who were at the game can answer my question....

Yes, we are talking about supposedly 1:11. However, what were the events prior to and during that 1:11?

Did Lexington have the majority of possession and then did the Wando sub situation allow Wando to get out from under the pressure and maintain possession of their own?

If we are only talking about 1:11, but my question is correct, then that 1:11 made a huge difference. For those of you who say "it's only 1:11", then please let your opponents play your team 12 v 11 for 1:11 of the game when the other coach feels it's needed.

1:11 of 12 v 11 is not that big of a deal, and who is to say that it would be any different from the previous 68? I don't think it would have made a difference, BUT I do think my opinion is irrelevant and Lex should be given a chance to prove that things can be done in 1:11.

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

What do you mean "public accusation"? The Lexington coach was talking to his team. If anybody should apologize here it's the Wando coach for not making sure the kids she sent in were matched by kids coming off the field. And maybe the officials for not doing the same. Getting upset at the State paper for getting facts wrong is like geting upset at the sun for rising in the east.

I've never seen the sun retract statements in the back of the "Local" section quite like I have the newspapers. Lex coach made a boo boo and got caught! Oh, lets pray for a time machine to speed us to C of the C's, and N/S.

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

"From my vantage point the lexington bench did try to get both the RA and the center refs attention for along while. It was until the lex crowd noticed the 12 did the Wando coach then try get the RA attention."

Id like you to read it over and find the key words...."from my vantage point" That means that is how i interpted what happened... thats what i saw! alot of things where going on around me im sorry if my timing wasnt down to the seconds. I wasnt to concered with that at the moment.

I stand by what i said watching the wandos girls coach from the 1st row i might add. she was NOT the first person to try to call the 12th person to the refs attention. I never said she did this on purpose or that wando had 12 people the entire second half!

And yes 1:11 seconds is along time in a game where anything game happen in 5 seconds. It is especially along time when you are trying to get a refs attention to something like 12 players on a field near the end of a game you are trying to tie up!

Now i have not accused anyone of false statments, cheating, or just being idiots. Ive tryed to be civil at a time when emotions are hot. ive congrauted both teams on a good game and actually in one posted tried to bascially tell everyone to chill. please dont attack me like im talking bad about your school!

To play the game is good, to win the game is great, to LOVE the game is the greatest!
D
corner kick
corner kick
D
swimmer2,

Let's see - you get your information from a couple of newspaper articles. I LIVE with the captain of one of the teams on the field, who happened to be involved with the discussion that occured with the referees (and coaches). She also was interviewed (and quoted) by The State Newspaper. Somehow your information is FACT!?!?!!? I guess you are saying that newspapers are beyond reproach, and my daughter is a liar (talk about name-calling).

A Wando fan claims that they have viewed the tape, and it was only 1:11 that Wando was playing with 12 players - that has become a fact!?!?!? Well, I can tell you that a club coach mentioned to a Lexington fan that, "Wando has 12 players on the field". This Lexington fan - not a parent of anyone on the team (just like you) - claims to have looked at the clock at the time and there were 5+ minutes left in the game. Whose "facts" are truly facts?

I can tell you what is a FACT:

Wando 1
Lexington 0

End of story!!!

Then, you get on here and talk about "name-calling" while you hide anonymously behind a psuedonym and declare righteously who should apologize to whom based on YOUR interpretation of the facts! What a piece of work!!!

C
bench
bench
C
First and only post,
Wando wins 1-0
I do NOT believe it was done on purpose or that they played with 12 for the entire second half. I believe coach Champ is a wonderful coach, who would NEVER had purposely made an illegal substitution. Wando deserves the credit for winning. They played with intensity and we were unable to make proper adjustments at halftime. Give them the credit for tactically having 3, 4, 5 and sometimes 6 players behind the ball. We would have done the exact same thing in that situation. It’s disappointing that the last 5 minutes turned out the way they did, but I don’t believe it would have changed the outcome of the game.
Congrats to Wando….You are State Champs!!!!!!!!!

N
corner kick
corner kick
N
I think Coach Fryland's post says it all and should be the last post for this thread.

World Cup
World Cup
Agreed.

C
Coach
Coach
C
I concur.

I've got good news and bad news...
S
throw in
throw in
S
Thanks Coach Fryland.
I'll do my part to shut up.

T
bench
bench
T
Thank you Coach Fryland! As I stated before, I admire you and your players! We all get caught up in the game and things happen. You are a class act for speaking highly of Coach Champ and we appreciate your kind words. We are South Carolina! And your team and mine are the two best!!!!!!Thank you for allowing our team to enjoy our day and we now can look forward to a civil season next year.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard