Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
world cup
world cup
J
I think this is a topic for another thread, but I personally feel they don't belong in public play at all. I know they've been there since the dawn of time/inception of the SCHSL, but this is 2007.
It's a pretty simple scenario - you're a private institution, play those that are held to the same criteria.

That being said, some of my favorite HS matches as spectator were EHS/BE and Chapin/BE a few years ago. The whole public/private thing really adds another element to what is generally a "mismatch" as far as skill is concerned.

I've made an effort to attend the 1A Final since 2001 for the sole purpose of seeing a public school finally win it - you can make the same comparison to the Lowerstate never winning 3A.

Etc etc etc..

Anyone know if play has begun back at Stone? I know I saw a lightning bolt around 4:40..don't they have to wait a certain amount of time before resuming play? It stopped raining about twenty minutes ago but I can't speak for when the last lightning bolt was spotted in the campus area.

Edit: Need to type faster!

Last edited by Jack Rozier; 05/12/07 09:47 PM.
J
world cup
world cup
J
Quote:

Emerald missed their chances in the Pk's

Absolutely, one good save from the keeper, then one over the crossbar and one off the post. Have to give yourself a chance!

S
throw in
throw in
S
good point 2004 striker...something i think would be very good for sc soccer, that would improve the play of our players in general, and make the regular season and playoffs more competitive would be a possible relegation system...put maybe the top 20 teams in a top division and people would play eachother based on region just the same as now, do the same for a 2nd and 3rd division..just an idea

what time are the games getting going

J
world cup
world cup
J
Somewhere around here is a detailed relegation system that Heise dreamed up. Looks great, but not likely to fly with the SCHSL.

goal kick
goal kick
At the half...

Greenville - 2
Socastee - 1

Justin Watson scores for Socastee..., but Greenville finishes the half with 2...

goal kick
goal kick
13 to go in 3A

Greenville - 3
Soacstee - 1

goal kick
goal kick
Final

Greenville - 3
Soastee - 1

Congrats to Greenville...

And a special Kudos to our boys from the coast (Socasstee)...

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
4A Northwestern vs Spring Valley...

Game had barely started and lightning halted play. Less than a minute had elapsed before game was delayed...is still delayed at this moment.

-Attitude reflects leadership-
??? Offline
goal kick
goal kick
I would like to comment on Bishop England. Although they are the state champs and i have only seen them play today, i am shocked at how there are 7 all-state players on their team. Maybe only 2 or 3 deserving. How is emerald who technically "tied" BE today only have 2 all state players. I feel not that emerald should necessarily have more all-state players but BE ,who will no longer be a power house in 2a cause they wont win next year(just thought i would throw that in), should have less players. The point i am making is that they are not heads and shoulders above all 2a teams which means neither should the all state team loaded with their players. Anyone agree or disagree

P
kick off
kick off
P
Has play started back up?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard