Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
The loss of the pacakage is probalby the biggest loss for gville for the 08 season....they outscored our opponents 5-4 on the season...quality players ben sprague and Mike Kavulous a.k.a Totti....greenville will be missing the athletic moves by the big man...and kavulous's SICK volleys. not to mention his hair...

2004-07 #1 in Nation
S
throw in
throw in
S
Watch out for Riverside next year they have two of their starters from last years state champion team returning next year that couldn't play this year...Austin baker will punish if he stays out of trouble and a great player in Johnny Graham(aka Sideshow Bob)...They also will have their entire back line returning ...2 of their starting mid-fielders...a couple of solid jv players coming up...and i heard a rumor that maybe a good forward from another upstate school maybe coming.

brace
brace
Riverside will have a Premier level defense for a high school team, so they should be able to hold up against anyone in the state. most teams don't even have half the quality on defense that they do. The question is, can they generate enough goals against quality opponents. The loss of Baker was huge and as far as him staying out of trouble, that's a big IF.

throw in
throw in
Eastside lost no players this year and some very good freshman coming up and they were solid this year so take into consideration the team building and chemistry for next year expect big things from Eastside especially if C-Bass comes

"DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME THE PLAYER PLAYS"
S
throw in
throw in
S
yes you are right that is a big if, but seeing him and talking with him after alot of games this year I could tell he wants to be there next year and make a difference. Yes drogba eastside was a solid team this year, but there are still several factors that i think will stop them from winning the championship next year...1)though they keep possession well, their back line is very unorganized at times. Maybe some team chemistry and experience will help that. 2)they still don't have a solid goalkeeper, which is why they play 3 different gks, and are very bad on pks. 3)though sebastian is very good, I believe that Greenville and Eastside play too different types of soccer which will mean he will have to gel with the team.

Two good teams next year in 3a that no one is mentioning, and could possibly upset some teams, are J.L. Mann and Dreher

S
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
S
I think its between Riverside and Eastside. Why Riverside? First they have a Premier level backline, however its not that great... nothing like greenvilles this year, if eastside can get 3 goals in 30minutes on them this year i wouldnt say they are amazing, but they are solid, and i think one of them will have to step up to the middle to fill rodgers and day. Second, they still have an outstanding keeper in Ian Rose. Lastly, IF baker can play their attack will be dynamic unlike this year, bakers speed is scary, and also if Graham comes back, that will be key because hes a very good '90 premier player, that would be a good centermid or defender.

Why Eastside?
I feel they are the favorite but still have some questions to answer. I think its unlikely Sebastian will be playing next year, bc he has to move into the district and rumor has it that he might try playing in Columbia this summer... we hope he doesnt get too comfortable down there. They have some Keeper issues. A solid but inconsistant backline, but with more expirence i think that will help and they will be good. Valikonis scores, miguel assist, they have a nice attack when everthing clicks. Speed on the left flank with woolford and perfect crosses on the right with symmes. They look good for next year with the exact same team with at LEAST 3 added premier freshman

Last edited by SoccaPapa1; 05/15/07 01:29 AM.

Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard
S
bench
bench
S
It will be Riverside or Eastside in upper state. As for sebastian he is goin to Colombia and trying out for a development team. He will not be goin to regionals with the 90 premier team. He also was not at try outs either. As for Eastside the only thing that will keep them from winnning upperstate is their keeping. It is very poor and inconsistant and their back line was very flat. In the second Riverside game riverside got in behind the back line easily on break aways 3 times. Riverside did not have that much pace up top either at the time with Baker out. As for Riverside they also have a solid player from NJ who couldnt play this season bc he played highschool up there before he moved here

throw in
throw in
But if Sebastian doesnt make the team he wants he is coming back

"DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME THE PLAYER PLAYS"
brace
brace
Why in the world would Sebastian NOT go to play in the regionals? Sounds like there is more to the story than whats being told.

S
throw in
throw in
S
soccadad who you talkin bout from new jersey....oh and i also forgot to mention the two kids from greer who were their best players two years ago that transferred in this year and couldn't play...their not amazing but will give riverside somedepth in the midfield and in the back...its going to be a great match up next year between these two teams.

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard