Next Thread
Print Thread
#87886 05/15/07 08:48 PM
F
Hat-Trick
OP Offline
Hat-Trick
F
I would like to know if anyone knows of a process/procedure or similar that will allow a (paying customer) Club to enter a complaint or have a referee prevented from doing certain games.

Please note that for the most part referees do a good job and I can see the potential for witch hunts but there does not appear to be a board to which a complaint/concern can be entered. between last season's comments about specific refs and this pas HS staet cup performance, I think one may be needed.

Note that the complaint should be from club level where the internal organizations has determined the validity/need for such a request.

throw in
throw in
Start a petition online and get people to sign it...Go to ipetition.com and u can start one there

"DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME THE PLAYER PLAYS"
goal kick
goal kick
While I sympathize with the refs in most cases, I agree. There must be some avenue for dealing with some of the "worst cases". In theory, the league is available. But as far as I can tell, that option is pure fiction. I'm not talking about refs that make bad calls. I am more concerned about refs who make none, or very few calls, and allow games to become dangerous. I have seen several instances of this kind of "let 'em play" officiating at the academy level that easily could have resulted in injury, and unnecessarily inflamed passions on the sidelines.

C
bench
bench
C
I know in High school soccer you can black ball a offical so he can not referee any of your games for that season. but im not really sure for club. that petetion sounds like a good idea if you can get enough signatures and present it to the right person.

goal kick
goal kick
Refs are in a precariously impossible position. For the team the call was against, it was a bad call. For the team the call was for, it was a good call. My husband refs and WILL NOT make a call unless he has a clear view of the play. Some coaches do not like the fact that he will not "assume" what the players are saying is true. If he has a bad angle or has several players between himself and the play, he feels he can not make a valid call.
There are some refs that will make calls without seeing the entire play. I do not agree that this is good for the game or the players. Even worse are those that have flagaphobia and won't call anything. But one thing I do know- a lot of refs are pompass and WILL hold negative comments against players and coaches. This is true in all regions and levels of play-club and school. 3man games would be heaven. I do not know a ref that wouldn't LOVE to have 3 officials at a game.
I personally feel there should be a group of reviewers who go to games and rate the refs. Perhaps some of the club board members or ADs/phys ed teachers. Unannounced and anonymous critique given to the assignors

'A ten-foot keeper really should have stopped that' -Ron Atkinson
hat-trick
hat-trick
tiredsoccermom:
Your husband is correct. "You can't call what you don't see."

goal kick
goal kick
Good thoughts. Again, I sympathize with the refs, but there has to be some way to give feedback without being labeled a complainer. I personally make it a habit to refrain from criticizing or questioning (at least I try) because I think it's counterproductive for the team and the game.

Link Copied to Clipboard