Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
goal
OP Offline
goal
What is he doing these days? I expected big things from him after high school.

You may disagree, but you're wrong!
J
goal kick
goal kick
J
Arrieta graduated from Mauldin a few years back and Plays for Belmont Abbey College in North Carolina. I'm not sure if these are the "big things" you are talking about, but it's not bad in my book.

Division 2 Southeast Player of Year
http://abbeyathletics.athleticsite.com/article.asp?articleID=214

All Southeast Region Honors
http://abbeyathletics.athleticsite.com/article.asp?articleID=215

Belmont Abbey Soccer Web Site
http://abbeyathletics.athleticsite.com/sport.asp?sportID=13

Last edited by joeygeo; 05/22/07 02:15 AM.
world cup
world cup
Conference Player of the Year.

Region Player of the Year.

I'd say the guy is doing very, very well.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Maybe it should be a new thread "What ever happened to?", but what ever happened to Arroyo?

goal
OP Offline
goal
That's who I was talking about. Thanks for the info!

You may disagree, but you're wrong!
??? Offline
goal kick
goal kick
Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but arrieta was not awarded the southeast player of the year. The real award was given to a player at Lander University and Not only was belmont abbey not very good, neither was he. Daktroniks gave out a bootleg award which wasn't done by the NSCAA. It was obviously all politics. And Arroya is bumming around at spartanburg methodist.

brace
brace
Arrieta was named player of year for CVAC. The Lander player was the Peach Belt POY. Both are very good players. Belmont Abbey was 14-4-1.

Get your facts straight before you come dissing people on this board.

E
bench
bench
E
??? you need to get your facts straight!! There is no NSCAA Southeast Region player of the year...but Arrieta did make first team, along with the Lander player. Belmont Abbey had a solid team this year...and finished 2nd in the CVAC and 5th in the region...just barely missing out on the NCAA tournament. Arrieta had 19 goals and 3 assists, so I don't know how you can say he wasn't that good. Learn and stick to the facts and not your opinions!! Sounds a bit like jealousy to me!

??? Offline
goal kick
goal kick
Belmont Abbey did not even participate in the national tournament, no doubt he is a decent player but racking up goals and wins against, erskine, coker, lees mcrae is not a hard thing to do. Sports info directors do not know a thing about soccer and they chose the daktronics region team. And i know for a fact that the lander player recieved the NSCAA region player of the year. It may not have been posted on the internet but he recieved the award. Also, if Arrieta was the true player of the year, wouldn't he be an all american??? And jealousy, i am in high school and why would i be jealous of a player that i am better than??? For the record, arrieta is not worthy of me ever making a post about him again even though he wasn't the one who started this topic. Congrats to him and all that he has accomplished!!!!!!!

E
bench
bench
E
I didn't say they made the tournament, and I don't remember mentioning anything about the Daktronics award...because I agree with you about the value of that award. The only reason I spoke up is that I don't think you need to slam any player, let alone a player that made NSCAA first team all region, as that is voted on by coaches in the region. All-American is not an easy award to earn and Arrieta was up against some very powerful forwards...but that doesn't mean that he's not an outstanding collegiate player. I find it interesting that you're better than Arrieta, yet you haven't played a collegiate match yet. There's a BIG diffence between high school or club and college ball. Give me your name, and what college you end up attending, and I'll watch your career with interest...then we can talk about who is better!! And, for the record, I'm not a fan of Belmont Abbey...but I dont think you need to be putting them down or any other programs either, regardless of their records or what league they compete in. You have no idea about scholarship or budget limitations that these schools may be facing, or if they faced any injuries, etc... It's easy to criticise, but a lot harder to stand up and get the job done!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard