Print Thread
#88338 05/25/07 01:53 PM
A
AVdude Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
A
Having been very privileged and humbled to be a part of the State Championship for 3A girls soccer, I would like to express sincere appreciation for people who have affected the Eastside Lady Eagles in a positive manner over the course of this season.

Our team has sincere appreciation for Jay Crane and Tom Clark from Wade Hampton High School, Greenville. These guys have made the Eastside program stronger by pushing our girls during the regular season to compete against a very tough team and motivating them during the post-season. Jay is an encourager and motivator and has done a tremendous job with improving the WH girls varsity program in the short time he has been coach.

And, we have the utmost respect for Brad Brown from Walker School in Atlanta. Brad's girls and his program have treated our team like family for the past few years and we are very humbled that such a classy group of girls cares about what happens to a team in SC. The Eastside girls have developed a close relationship with the Walker School girls and their very successful program.

These guys have proven it is ok to be competitive but yet respect others in the process. And, they have transferred this attitude to their team. So, while they are coaching soccer and doing a great job of teaching the game, they are instilling to their players, families, and others that life lessons will often affect you more than talent.

A
AVdude Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
A
BTW - I created this post with thinking that others may want to do a "shout out" to someone as well.

world cup
world cup
On behalf of the Fort Mill supporters, I would just like to tell the players, parents and coaches from Lexington that we still HATE YOUR GUTS!!!

How was that?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
My favorite quote from the playoff run..
"The only team we hate more than Lexington is Wando"
That was from quite a few weeks ago, did I remember it correctly???

Last edited by LF; 05/25/07 07:55 PM.
corner kick
corner kick

Over heard this at a Byrnes game.

"We hate any team from Spartanburg and Lexington too."

World Cup
World Cup
Over heard this from a Hanna game...

"Hurst sucks!"

world cup
world cup
Overheard March 13, at TL Hanna:

"Geez, the guy got out-coached again! Radio could've done a better job on the bench".

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
World Cup
World Cup
Shoot, I hear that everyday!

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

On behalf of the Fort Mill supporters, I would just like to tell the players, parents and coaches from Lexington that we still HATE YOUR GUTS!!!

How was that?

at RH we love all of you that keep the score under 10!!!!

world cup
world cup

Your daughter scored a very nice goal down in Greenville earlier today. I think the imprint from her shoulder is still in that defender's chest.

Link Copied to Clipboard